Chapter 14. November Trip

In Mid-November, we all were ready for the school trip.

Prateek was also going. Not only Sneha but Sameer hated Prateek too.

The trip was so much fun. We all enjoyed like anything.

On our way back, in the bus, while everyone was sound asleep, I found that Prateek was also not sleeping.

Not only for me but also for him it was a struggle to sleep in the bus. As we both were getting bored, he invited me to sit with him. And in a few minutes, I was sitting next to him.

The night was cold, and everyone was fall asleep. Silence was everywhere and only the sound of the wind could be heard.

"Umm.. hey", he said in a nervous tone.

"Yea, hey!" I replied.

It was almost 6 months when I heard his voice. Besides, Sameer had blocked his number from my phone.

So, how's life?" He asked.

"Never been better!" I smiled.

"I guess I know about what you are talking. So, you-you still with him?"

"Yep!"

We talked for hours; about almost everything. I guess I enjoyed my old friend's company once again.

I was surprised when he complimented me.

"So how you lost this much weight? And changed your dressing style? I must admit you look, mature and beautiful too. Perhaps, now you look like a pretty girl"

"Thank you! You know it's all because of him. He changed me, made me better. And I don't know the weight, I just lost it" I laughed and replied.

"Okay, I just wanted to say sorry, Megan. I know I did wrong but I'm regretting it now. I know I lost the moon while counting the stars. I lost my closest friend, you. I was thinking if we can get back together? Not in a relationship, no, no, but as friends, please"

It was the first time I saw him apologising to someone. I knew he really meant it.

"Oh no, no. It's fine. But I can't just promise you about unblocking, that I'll have to ask fro-"

"Oh yea! From him, Sameer. Huh?"

"Yes"

"You still think he loves you?"

"Yes, I mean of course. He loves me like anything"

"Why not" He laughed.

I just stared at him.

"And how will you get to know if he is not double dating?"

"Are you crazy? I mean what the hell dude!"

"I warn you, Megan, I know how boys are, he'll lose interest in you soon. Then you'll be the one crying and admitting that he was just a "

"Excuse me! You need not to tell me what he is, that I know very well. And you know what, you're just. Ah! Never mind! Bye!"

I left the seat.