Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"I bite my tongue so you don't hear me.."

****

I woke up a few hours later to the smell of something burning. My eyes shot open, and I jerked my body into a sitting position. "What's going on?" I screamed, and ran to the kitchen, only to see Alan throwing away burnt food.

He smiled sheepishly, "I was trying to make you eggs, but it didn't work very well."

I chuckled, and shook my head. "It's okay, want me to make some food?" I offered, he laughed and nodded.

I began pulling out food items and throwing them on the counter. Within half an hour, there were decent pancakes on the table. I can't cook, but pancakes have always been my strong suit.

Alan had gone to wake up the girls, and came back in the room, with both of them rubbing their eyes. "Morning, beautiful girls!" I chirped. They smiled at me, and I let them begin eating.

My phone began bussing from the counter near where Alan was sitting, so he answered. "Hello?"

"Who is this?" I heard a snooty voice on the other end.

"Uh, Alan. I'm Bree's friend." He replied, obviously taken slightly back from the violent nature of the caller.

"I need to speak to her. Hand her the phone." The voice replied, and I knew it was my mother. He scrambled to hand the phone to me, and I held it up to my ear.

"Mother? Do you need something?" I asked, as politely as possible when talking to that wretched woman.

"I'm coming to visit today, and I'm staying for three days." She stated. My mouth fell agape.

"What? Why?" I stuttered.

"I have a job near you, and why spend money when my child can take me in." And with that, she hung up.

"What is it?" Alan asked from the table.

"My mom's coming to visit." I said dryly. "Fuck."

After we ate, I decided to call Kellin too see what time would be picking Copeland up. Same thing with Jolie. Kellin said he would be home by five, and would pick her up right away.

The phone began connecting to Jolie as I held it to my ear. "Hello?" She snapped.

"What time are you picking up Kenadee?" I asked.

"I need you to take care of her until Saturday, actually." She said, obviously not kidding.

"Why?"

"I'm in San Diego until then." She said, and began giggling, along with whispering many different, flustered things to an unknown person.

"'Kay." I said simply, and ended the call. I set my phone back on the counter, and sat down on the couch, watching my ginger friend play with the kids. He was quite good with them, and I could tell that if he ever had a kid he'd spoil them to death. Just by looking at him play with other peoples' kids, I could see he would be an amazing father.

Then I got back to thinking. I had to watch Kenadee until Saturday... How the fuck was I supposed to do that?

---------

Hey, guys. Sorry it's short, but it's Saturday so yeah... How do you guys like it? Comment, vote, follow me on here and tumblr (youreafuckingnoodle.tumblr.com)!

xx sarah