Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"There's so many things that I could say, but I'm sure it would come out all wrong..."

***

Alan sat down at the table in the chair next to me. He grinned at the two girls. "You guys look really familiar." He stated, scratching the side of his face, trying to think.

"They're dating Turtle and Hills!" I said.

"That's probably where I recognize you from, actually." He smiled again.

"We didn't know you were dating someone, Ashby." Shanty smiled back.

"We started dating not too long ago." He shrugged.

Madii's phone began ringing. She checked the caller ID, and smiled brightly. "I'll be back in a minute." She said, excusing herself.

"What time is it?" Shanty asked.

I looked at the clock. "Around noon."

"Oh, shit! I've got to get to work by 1:30. Give me your number, I'll text you later." She said, rummaging around, trying to find her dress and shoes.

I handed her a piece of paper with my phone number written on it. She found Madii on the balcony, and pulled her inside. The two said their goodbyes, and ran out the door.

"It's Christmas Eve." Alan pointed out, and pulled me onto his lap.

"That it is. Are you doing anything tonight?" I asked.

"Kellin and Katelynn are having a Christmas party. Do you want to come with us?"

"Do you think that would be okay?"

He gave me a pointed look. "Kellin loves you! So does Copeland. I'm not sure about Kate, though."

"If you're sure." I sighed.

"I'm positive."

"What time do we have to be there?" I stood up, and began cleaning up the plates that were littering my already messing kitchen.

"5." He said, getting up to help me.

"And it's..." I looked at the clock. "1 right now. Do you need to get stuff from your's?"

"Probably. You can like shower and shit over there if you want." He shrugged.

"Okay. Should I get my stuff ready now, then?"

"Yeah, sure."

***

After I took my shower, I began drying my hair, then I remembered that I wanted to give Alan his present before anyone else. Realizing this, I pulled on the dress that I wanted to wear, and ran out to his bedroom, my hair still half-wet. "Alan!" I yelled, running through his door.

He let out a girly screech while in the middle of pulling up his pants. "What!?" He yelled back, and fell onto his bed.

"Put your shirt on, I have something to show my ginger princess!" I said excitedly. I plopped on his bed while he finished getting dressed. As soon as he pulled his shirt over his head, I grabbed his hand, and pulled him out to my car.

"Bree, what are you doing? I don't have shoes on!" He complained.

"Neither do I. Suck it up." I replied, and opened the trunk. "Close your eyes." He nodded, and did as he was told. I pulled the large guitar case out of the trunk, nearly falling over before I could get the handle into his grasp. "Now you can open them." I said, then closed the trunk again.

He opened his eyes, and got a huge smile on his face. "You didn't."

"I did." I smirked. "You can open it inside if you're still that cold."

He grinned at me, before pulling me into his side, and walking back into the house. Right when we got in there, he set the case on the couch, and opened it eagerly.

Inside, there was a sleek, black guitar that I'd bought a few weeks ago, before the tour started.

"I can't believe you did that for me!" He beamed, and tackled me onto the couch.

"I take it that you like it?"

"I love it."

~~~~

Hello! I'm so sorry about the late update, and short chapter. I'll update again really soon. What do you guys think so far?

I love you peeps.

xx Sarah.