Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Tell me that you love me 'cause I need you so much."

***

Alan pushed me off him, and ran into his bedroom quickly. He came back out soon after with a small box in his hands. It was wrapped neatly in red paper, with a gold bow on top. He sat down next to me again, and held the box out for me to take. I smiled, and took it politely before impatiently tearing the paper off.

Inside, was a black felt box. I opened the box, and looked inside. there was a silver heart with a blue stone in the middle on a silver chain. "Oh, my god. It's beautiful." I gushed, and stared at it wide-eyed.

"Just like you." He smiled back at me.

"Okay, cheesy." I laughed, but quickly dismissed it. "That's okay, though. I love it, Alan."

"Let me put it on." He said, taking the necklace from the box. I pulled my hair off my neck, and turned so my back faced him. He slowly hooked the chain around my neck, and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Merry Christmas, baby." He mumbled into the crook of my neck.

"Merry Christmas, Alan." I said, picking up and kissing his hand, which was resting on my lap.

It only took us a little bit longer to finish getting ready to head out. Alan came into the bathroom while I was brushing my hair, and put his arms around me. I smiled a little, and set down the hair brush. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"Just about." I replied, tugging the hem of my dress down a bit. "Will you get my bag from your room while I find my shoes." He nodded, and kissed my cheek before hurrying to complete the task I'd given him. I found my shoes in the living room, and slid them on my feet. I liked feeling even just the slightest bit taller, so by the time I was 20, I was a master at stilettos. Alan came down the stairs with my medium sized purse dangling from his hand. i smiled gratefully, took it, and slung it over my shoulder. Without another word, he grabbed my hand, and pulled me out to his car.

For the entirety of the car ride, we listened to Skillet at my request. I sang along to a few of the songs, and admired the view of the neighborhood that Kellin lived in. I'd never been to his house, though many people told me it was nice. Alan parked the car on the street, and I made my way beside him, and tried to match his strides as we walked up the narrow pathway to the front door. I rang the doorbell, and moments later Kellin opened the door with Copeland in her arms.

"Hey, guys! So glad you could make it. Come on in!" Kellin grinned, and beckoned us into his humble abode. Copeland wriggled in his arms, and he handed his beautiful daughter to me, much to my pleasure, really. Kellin led Alan and I through the entry way, and into a large living room where about 30 to 40 people were scattered between there and the dining room, and kitchen. A bunch of people yelled greetings to either Alan or I, and occasionally both. I smiled at them all, and carried Copeland to her mother, who was sitting in a comfortable looking chair near the large television.

The party lasted until the early hours of the morning, people getting partially drunk, but not the crazy party shit that I'd met Kellin at. I travelled back and forth between a bunch of my 'friends'. I loved them, but I didn't realy know them all that well.

Anyways, Alan and I got back to his house around 3 in the morning. The next day was rather unproductive, and all the two of us did was lay on the couch, watching episodes of whatever show came on next.

That night, I went back to my house. I packed my things to get ready to go back on tour with Austin and Alan. It wasn't until around two a.m. that I laid down on my bed. I kind of just sat there for a few minutes, before I got back up, grabbed my sweatshirt, pulled on a pair of jeans, and my shoes. I put my bag over my shoulder again, and walked right to my car.

It didn't take very long to get to my destination. I parked my car on the narrow pathway, and walked over the grass. I plopped down in front of the headstone of my very best friend, and laid my head on my bag.

"Hey, Mitch." I said, trying to stifle a yawn. Sleep pushed itself to the front of my mind, and soon I overcome. I didn't pay much attention to the rather cold weather as I fell into a dreamless state.

-----

Hey, guys! It's me, obviously. I'm so sorry I didn't get this up earler. I swear, I meant to. Anyways, I think I'm going to end this soon. Will you guys please tell me what you think of the story so far? I'd really appreciate it. :) I love you.

xx Sarah