Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Alan's Point of View

"I called all your friends and they said hadn't seen you yet..."

***

I woke up at around 10 that morning, and got dressed. I drove to Bree's apartment, and climbed the three flights of stairs that I needed to. I turned the knob on her front door, knowing it was unlocked. She never locked that damn door, and I always tried to get her to. Her arguement was 'there's nothing valuable in here, and it's better that they just walk in instead of breaking my door or windows, and making me pay for shit I can't afford.'

"Bree?" I shouted, shutting the door behind me. There was no response. I tried again. "Bree? Are you here?"

Come to think of it, I didn't remember seeing her car in the parking lot. I shrugged, and pulled out my phone. I dialled the number that I'd committed to memory so long ago, and pressed the call button. She didn't answer her phone either. I tried again; no answer. I sent her a quick text, and walked into her kitchen. Her phone was sitting on the counter. It showed my missed calls, and the text, along with a few missed calls from Austin, ranging from 6 this morning to 8 minutes ago.

I decided to call Austin.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey. Do you know where Bree is?" I deadpanned.

"I thought she'd be with you since she didn't answer any of my calls." He replied.

"Nope. I'm in her apartment, and she's not here. Neither is her car." I sat on the countertop.

"I have no idea. When did you see her last?"

"Last night. Her phone's on the counter, too." I began to worry a bit.

"She'll be home soon, I'd think. She's usually good about trying to get home quickly if she forgets stuff like that."

"I don't know, man."

"Do you know where she could be?" I questioned, just out of curiosity.

"Didn't you say she saw some of her old friends a few days ago?"

"Oh, yeah!" I'd almost toally forgotten about Shanty and Madii even though I'd seen them at Kellin's party.

"Alright, well, Tino's making me drive him to the record store. I'll talk to you later." Austin said after a muffled conversation outside ours.

"Okay." I said. With that, I hung up.

I picked up Bree's phone, and opened it, looking for Madii's number.

"Hello?" She sounded like she was still half-asleep.

"Oh, Madii? It's Alan." I said.

"Hey, Ashby. What can I do ya for?" She asked, sounded a bit more awake.

"I was just wondering if Bree was with you?"

No such luck. "Nope. Haven't talked to her since yesterday in the morning sometime. Wait, is she okay?"

"I don't know." I answered, honestly.

"I'll call Shanty. I'll see if she knows where Bree is. What's your phone number, in case I have to go over to her house if she doesn't answer." I gave her my phone number, we talked a bit more, and then hung up.

I set Bree's phone back down on the counter, and it died as soon as I did. Glad I gave Madii my number now. Anyway, I walked back out of the apartment, and down to my car. I decided to go get lunch, so that's what I did.

Eventually, Madii called me back. She didn't know where Bree was, and neither did Shanty. I'd talked to Kellin and Katelynn, and hell, even Jolie. No one knew where Bree was. I was getting more than a little worried now. I told Madii and Shanty that I hadn't seen seen Bree since around 6 pm yesterday. Madii told me not to worry because Bree used to disappear all the time like this in high school.

Once I got finished with my lunch, it was around 12:30. I did the only thing I really ever did when I wasn't with Bree these last few months: I went to the guitar store.