Chapter 5

"You are kidding me, right?" He spat.

"Harry, I have no idea what you're on about," I frowned in confusion, backing away from him. He was shaking with rage, his hair was standing on end and I felt fear rising in me as he took a step closer to me.

"I can't believe you like him! Him!" He said in anger.

"Ella told you," I said flatly.

"She didn't mean to, so don't be mad at her. But she let it slip and now I know your stupid little secret," he said in a hushed tone, every bit as angry.

"Do you think I can help it? If I had the choice, I'd forget him. He's nothing but rude and a waste of space. But yes, I like him. I can't help what I want, Harry," I muttered.

"Just be realistic for a second, Sav. He doesn't give a shit about you! He won't have given you a second thought, I don't know why the hell you've got this... This thing for him," Harry continued in disbelief, waving his arms wildly.

Harry's words hit me hard. Because they were true, more than anything else. I was being stupid. The way his eyes lingered on me when he kicked my stuff across the room must have been a figment of my imagination. The way he seemed to smirk when he caught me staring must have all been in my mind.

"I guess you're right. I'll stay away from him Harry. I promise you," I smiled, reaching for a hug. I felt Harry's arms wrap around me and my head nestled into neck. Harry was like a brother to me. "You're doing the right thing, Sav. I'm proud of you for that," he mumbled, smiling down at me, and very carefully, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I just want to protect you. You're like a sister to me, and if that's the closest I'm ever going to get to family, I will do everything in my power to hold it close and dear to me," he said quietly, holding me close to him.

"I'm gonna walk home, is that okay?" I asked. "I guess. Just be careful, it's almost dark outside. Me, Vik and Tobi are having another game then grabbing a bite... Leaving those two lovebirds to it," Harry grinned as we watched them stroll into the arcade hand in hand. "Cute," I smiled. "Mhm," Harry agreed sadly. I gave him one last hug and then set off on my way.