Chapter 10

"You can come and see the new house now if you like," my dad said after taking a sip of his coffee. I was tapping my nails on the table impatiently, I knew that Simon would be here in five minutes and didn't want to keep him waiting.

"Hmm, I would... but I do have a bit of work to do on my sociology essay," I mused, stirring my drink thoughtfully. "Come on, you can stay for dinner," he persisted. "Umm, okay, I guess," I agreed, hoping I didn't sound as reluctant as I felt.

For about ten minutes, my dad talked about the house without pausing for breath. "You're going to love it, eight bedroom, built in Victorian times, and oh gosh, the room you'll be staying in at weekends is gorgeous... Excuse me, can I help you?" My dad said, looking up at the person behind me. I turned around to see who it was, and met eyes with Simon.

"You coming?" He smiled to me, ignoring my dad completely. "Who's this?" My dad demanded sternly. "This is Simon... My... My..." I stalled. What even were me and Simon? I couldn't say boyfriend. Something compelled me to, but I couldn't. I didn't want to jump to conclusions that weren't even right... "Boyfriend," Simon finished the sentence for me, placing his hands on my shoulders gently. My breath caught in my throat. He just confirmed that we were together.

"Simon... Gosh, I can't believe Savannah didn't tell us she's going out with someone! You'll have to come back with us. Savannah's mother will be thrilled to meet you," he said. On the exterior, Simon looked calm and collected, but I noticed that his eyes were darting across the room, and he couldn't meet my father's eyes. "Sorry," I whispered as we left the shop. "It's fine. I can handle it. Just go along with it," he whispered, grabbing my hand and squeezing it reassuringly. He really knew how to put on an act.

"This is the place," my dad said, hopping out of the Range Rover and locking it. The drive was huge and swept up to the front of the house - it looked more like a stately home. God... I knew the business was successful but this was on another level. It looked like the kind of place an important government member would live in. Simon was fidgeting nervously, and I squeezed his hand. I looked up and smiled at him in reassurance, and he pulled me close to him, squeezing my waist.

"Savannah, my sweetheart!" My mum exclaimed, rushing over to give me a hug and kiss me. I stepped back, blushing a bit. "And who's this, hey?" She giggled, gesturing to Simon. I still wasn't registering that Simon was in the same house as my parents, and I was feeling dizzy at the thought of it. "Oh... Simon, my erm, boyfriend," I smiled, leaning into him. "Gosh Savannah, how the hell did you get him?" My mum said, looking at Simon properly for the first time. Simon and I both blushed. "My, he really is a looker," she said, winking at me. I was cringing inside and I knew Simon was, but we managed to smile through it.

"You must have dinner with us," my mum smiled. "The chefs are fabulous - and I don't have to cook!" She added, taking a sip from her glass of wine. "That reminds me. I'll have to ring the girls and postpone tonight's dinner - however on second thoughts, I'm sure they'll be pleased to meet Simon," she said. I saw Simon roll his eyes when she looked away. "Anyway, you two go and have a look around our lovely home," she smiled, leaving the room.

"Oh god, she's the worst," Simon laughed, and I agreed. "You really are a looker," I giggled, making Simon laugh even more. "I feel like I've known you for so long," Simon blurted. "I feel the same," I agreed, and he relaxed again. "No, really. I feel so at home with you. I don't have to worry about holding back. I feel like I can tell you anything," Simon smiled, sitting on a sofa in a random room we stumbled into. I didn't know what to say, so I just hugged him. "You too," I muttered into his chest.

"Well let's go for dinner. I can't wait to leave. See, there's something on my mind... But it can wait till later," Simon whispered. "Okay," I frowned unsurely. Simon slipped his hand around my waist and we sat down at the dinner table amongst my mum and dad's friends. "So, what are you studying, Simon?" One of them asked. "Sociology, Business, and Politics," he replied. "Smart choices," my dad agreed. "I'm predicted to pass them all with distinction," Simon nodded. "And smart choice Savannah. He is already a very accomplished man," my dad said proudly. I squirmed in my seat, God damn it they were embarassing.

Dinner was an uncomfortable experience but Simon handled it well. He made up a story of how we met by studying together and went on some dates after that - he was a real bad boy, I knew it myself, but he could present himself as a complete gentlemen which surprised me. Well, I'd got a man who could do both, I supposed.

The coffee shop where Simon had parked earlier was within walking distance. "What was it you wanted to tell me?" I asked. "Uhh yeah," Simon said. "I just think there's more to your dad than meets the eye," he shrugged. "Meaning?" I questioned. "I just don't think he's a businessman. There's something else going on," Simon said, taking a breath. "How do you know?" I frowned. "There's a lot you don't know about me. It's not like I'm never going to tell you, but let's get to know eachother first," he said awkwardly. "Okay. I understand," I smiled, taking Simon's hand and watching him relax.

He drove me back to the dorms in comfortable silence. "Well... Good night Sav," he smiled, walking me to the dorm entrance. It was nine pm, but it was pitch black out already. "Good night Simon," I grinned, hugging him tight. "Aren't you forgetting something?" He asked carefully. "I don't think so," I replied, confused. "Maybe a kiss for your boyfriend?" He asked. "Eww, you're so cringe," I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning into to kiss him. "I seriously can't get enough of you," he mumbled into the kiss, letting his hands roam over my body. "Feeling is mutual," I reminded him. "Glad to hear it. Anyway, I'll text you tomorrow," he smiled, walking to the boys dorm rooms in the other direction.

____________________________
I don't like this chapter, it's pretty boring but you know it had to be done for what happens later to make sense😂 sorry I haven't uploaded in almost a week but it was the only week that me and my friends could hang out together because of holidays and things. My uploads should be pretty regular now.
Thanks for the support on this book so far❤️