Chapter 9

If you thought that kissing the wrong person felt good, then just wait until you kiss the right one.

It was warm, and soft, and careful, just how first kisses should be. His lips tasted of candy floss and his breath was hot on my cold skin, and I shivered under the touch of his hand as he tucked my hair behind my ear and cupped my face with it. He pulled away, smiling. "I like kissing you," he said simply, making my cheeks turn scarlet. "Do it again then," I said shyly.

He did as I said, and leant down to kiss me again. It wasn't forced, but his tongue touched my lips briefly, and I parted my lips slightly, and he did the same. His hands cupped my face, as what started out as a shy and gentle kiss become more and more passionate. Eventually, we pulled away again, breathless.

"Have you ever kissed someone like that?" Simon asked me. "No," I replied. "What about Cal?" He frowned. "Cal didn't make me feel like you do. He made me feel good, but Simon, you make me feel alive."

He smiled down at me, and I looked up at him. "Have you ever kissed someone like that?" I questioned him. "No. And after this, I don't think I ever will. Not unless it's you," he said, gently smoothing my hair back away from my face.

"Come on, it's late. We need to get back to our rooms," Simon said finally. I walked beside him, back to his car. "Savannah?" He asked. "Yes? Oh, and for the record, you can call me Sav," I added. "I prefer Savannah. Also, I was just asking... Can I hold your hand?" He said, a little shyly. I answered his question by taking his hand in mine, and he smiled down at me.

"Is that Simon?"
"With a girl?"
"Who is it this time?"
"Si! Come here!" Numerous people were shouting him and he cursed under his breath, rushing to the car.

"Shit," he said, driving away. My head was spinning, and I'm pretty sure Simon must have been in a similar state. "Who were they?" I asked. "Just people I know," he shrugged. "Nobody important," he added. "Oh. Okay," I said simply. I was trying to push the "who is this time?" Comment out of my mind, but Simon could sense something was up.

"What's bothering you?" He asked softly.
"Why did they ask you 'who is it this time?'" I frowned.
"I'm gonna be real with you, Savannah. I hook up with lots of different girls, all the time. But before you get worried, there's something I want to get off my chest," he said awkwardly.
"Go on," I said, feeling my heart beating furiously against my ribcage.
"Ever since the first time I saw you in English, I haven't even looked at another girl," he said simply.
"Really?" I asked, in a small voice.
"Really," he chuckled. "You're clever, kind, understanding, and naturally pretty. And shit, your ass is incredible," he winked, and I hit him playfully.
"How would you know?" I asked him.
"I look, when you look away from me. Granted, that is not often," he smirked.
"I can't help myself, I mean, look at you," I smiled, watching his checks turn red.
"Stop it, you're making me blush," he said quietly.
"You're really hot, and you're also really adorable," I giggled, poking his dimple.
"I told you to stop. I don't like compliments," he chuckled, looking away from me.
"Well if you really want to start hanging out with me, then you best get used to them," I smiled.

"I'll text you in the morning," Simon said as I gave him his phone back after putting my number in. "Okay, or I'll text you. Whoever wakes up first," I replied. "Sleep well, Savannah," Simon smiled to me, planting a kiss on my forehead. "You too," I smiled, letting his hand slip out of mine.

I got inside and washed my makeup off, brushed my hair out and shoved it in a bun. I brushed my teeth and put some comfy pyjamas on, filled a glass of water and put it on my nightstand, before climbing into bed and going to sleep. My dream was filled with the already familiar warmth of Simon's lips pressed against mine, and I woke up feeling only a little bit groggy.

My dad had texted me, so I decided to ring him back. "Good morning sweetheart. What was wrong last night?" He asked, sounding concerned. "I was asleep and you woke me up," I lied, somewhat convincingly. "Well, I do apologise. I'm in town today, I was just wondering if you'd like to meet for a coffee?" He asked. "Sure, I'm down for that," I agreed. "Does 2pm sound good to you? I'll let you know where," he replied. "Yeah, that's great. See you in a bit," I replied.

I checked the time - it was eleven now. I put on the radio in the bathroom and got in the shower, before getting out and starting to get ready. I went with minimal makeup as per usual, a grey adidas teeshirt, some black leggings and white converse. I put my hair in a high ponytail, grabbed my handbag and left the room; I was perfectly on schedule. Ella wasn't back, but I really wasn't surprised. I texted her saying I was out, anyway.

13:23
From: Simon
Hey Savannah. Do you want to come over to my room? Josh is out until 9pm tonight doing who knows what... haha

13:24
To: Simon
Hey Simon. I'm sorry, but I'm currently on my way for some coffee with my dad. Not sure how long I'm gonna be, but I'll let you know. I can probably make it later though?

13:25
From: Simon
Okay, that's cool. I could probably pick you up afterwards if you want me to. I checked the weather and it's supposed to rain this afternoon - I don't want you to get soaked. Let me know when you want me to come get you.

I looked down at my phone and smiled. How I'd got the attention of someone like him was beyond me, but I wasn't complaining.