chapter twenty; october 3rd.

my worst nightmare is riding my back.
i wish i could wake up.
-sorry, rick ross ft chris brown.

Daniel.

Screams filled the bedroom as I woke out of my sleep only too see Logan wide awake. Zonnique let me keep her for the night, while she spends time getting her thoughts together. Kaycee is still missing and nobody who has volunteered to help look for her has slept yet. I got out of bed and walked over to Logan's crib taking her out of it. I laid her down on the bed and she stopped crying, she was now smiling. I chuckled a little before grabbing my phone and snapping a quick picture of her and posting it to Instagram.

After I posted the picture likes and comments immediately started to come through, which made me realize that Zonnique hadn't yet posted a picture of Logan

After I posted the picture likes and comments immediately started to come through, which made me realize that Zonnique hadn't yet posted a picture of Logan. She'll be fine with it. I placed my phone back down on the bed once, I realized that Bahja had walked in the room. I really wasn't expecting for her to be here neither did I know she was here. She walked over to me with a shocked look on her face, like she'd just seen a ghost or something.

"Why you looking like that? You seen a ghost downstairs?" I glanced up at her.

She shook her head. "No..she's just so beautiful. She really blessed you with a beautiful child." She smiled. "What's her name?"

"Logan Nicole Simmons." [I FORGOT HER NAME WAS LOGAN AND NOT DYLAN :/] I looked down at Logan who had a smile on her face like she knew we were talking about her.

"So, she really let her have your last name? After everything? That's nice. But, I have something to tell you."

Confusion moment at full force. "What? Whatever it is, I probably didn't do it."

"I'm pregnant." She blurted out like it wasn't nothing and it was just normal.

How. When. What. "When and how? How you know it's mine? Are you sure about this? Did you go to the doctors to find out this information?"

She sighed and leaned back on the wall. "What you mean how? Remember every time you weren't with Zonnique, you were with me."

"But I-"

"That one time you didn't use a condom. And that one time caused this, I actually been knew about this but, you were too confused in love with Zonnique. I'm two months pregnant."

The dumbfounded look on my face at this point had been priceless. "So, you would rather tell me this when I have a hundred things happening right now? Wow."

"I know. Crazy right?" She chuckled. "Well I'm going to go now and don't worry when you tell all this to Zonnique, I wanna be there. It's been a while since I seen her." She said before leaving out of the room.

I looked down at Logan who had mimicked the look I had on my face perfectly. "How are we going to tell your mommy about this? She's going to kill me, seriously. Kill me."

Logan had a blank expression on her face and then I smelt a very unpleasant smell. It's clear that she thought this was a very shitty situation that I'm in. I sighed and grabbed a diaper out of the baby bag that was sitting on the bed and then stood up off the bed, starting to change her diaper.

After Logan no longer had a shitty diaper, it was time to feed her. Thankfully, Zonnique had already made some bottles because, honestly I was terrible at making bottles. I picked Logan up and walked out of the room down the hallway, walking downstairs into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed the pink baby bottle out of it and then walked into the living room sitting down. I took the top off and tilted the bottle a bit and gave her the bottle. While she was eating I was busy in my thoughts of how to tell Zonnique all this information.

2:30PM.

The house phone began to ring and luckily Logan was still sleeping. I laid her on the couch with a bunch of pillows around her so she wouldn't fall and then proceeded to go answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Daniel, can you please come over? Please." Zonniques voice came through the phone shaky and it sounded like she was crying.

"I'm on my way. Just tell me what's wrong? What happened?"

"It's Kaycee..."

After she told me that, I didn't want to believe it at the moment. The day has already started off rough and everything is about to hit the fan. Hard.

---
10+ DETAILED COMMENTS UNTIL NEXT CHAPPIE.

QUESTIONS.
🤔; PREDICTIONS. PREDICTIONS PEOPLE. i promise you all will hate me when i post the last chapter, i'm sorry in advance. (:

little starter questions.
; do you think bahja had this planned out?
; how do you think zonnique is going to react?
; what happened to kaycee?
; overall thoughts on this book?