Chapter three

A/N: Right so… SPACE!!! So I’m going to keep the format I accidentally adopted. Without even realizing it. So I’m going to be having the first half of each chapter Chell, and the rest Wheatley, GLaDOS, Atlas, P-body, and anyone else I happen to bring into this. Longest chapter yet!

Chell trudged on through the wheat field. It was nearing twilight at the time. ‘I will have to stop soon’ she thought. She had been traveling through the same field for three days. The only thing that kept her company was her companion cube, and her own thoughts. Her thoughts only sank her deeper into depression. She thought about going back to Aperture and demanding GLaDOS bring him back, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to convince her to. Bringing him back would give him happiness and that was the last thing GLaDOS wanted to give him. She remembered the tortures GLaDOS had described to her when she was a potato. At that time she had wanted to scream at GLaDOS to shut up, but that would only satisfy her. She had been trying to get her to talk, she knew that. She would never give GLaDOS satisfaction.

Chell kept going, distracted by her thoughts the whole way, and soon it was dark. She had forgotten to try and find food while it was light, and now it was far too dark to even see. She went to bed hungry that night. She fell asleep, thinking about Wheatley in space. She was surrounded by wheat, and that didn’t help. Of all the grains in the world, why did it have to be wheat?! She gave a small sigh and drifted off to sleep. She was awoken by the ground rumbling and a crashing sound hit her ears. The ground rumbling? She wasn’t sure what was normal in the outside world anymore, but surely the ground rumbling was not? She felt something heavy bash into the back of her head, and she fell unconscious.

GLaDOS laughing brought Wheatley back from his train of thought. “Well it took you long enough to figure it out. Let’s see you stand on your own. Or do you need me to help you?” She raised a panel and launched him into the air as he flailed around and landed pretty much on his head. “Well, what was that for?!” He yelled as he got easily to his feet.  GLaDOS hysterical laughing came to an abrupt halt when he stood. She was surprised by how easily he was able to control his body. Of course, this WAS his old body. Still, it is Wheatley. She had all the reason to be surprised that the moron had been able to control his own body. However weird that sounds.

“Alright, moron. I’ll give you credit. You were able to control your body much sooner than I thought you would be able to. Pretty good, for a moron.” Wheatley looked angry at that and shouted “I am NOT a moron!!” GLaDOS continued on with her speech as if Wheatley hadn’t said anything, which made him angrier, but he kept his mouth shut. “This just means that you will be able to test sooner than I had expected. Yay.” GLaDOS turned on her slow clap processor and continued. “Now get to testing. If you’re lucky, maybe I’ll let you test with Atlas and P-body to see how well human test subjects solve tests with two androids. But at the moment, you’re not even close to their level. This means that if you don’t solve these tests within an hour each, I will turn on the neurotoxin and set it for ten minutes. Good luck.” Wheatley didn’t need any more explanation than that. He was off like a shot, eager to finish the test in time to not die. 

A/N: Yay Suspense! Disclaimer: All characters belong to Valve