Chapter 1 : In Loving Memory

He taught that the clouds were sympathetic because they cried with him. For as every sob got louder, so did the roaring sound of the rain. He was contemplating right there, his thoughts in his mouth.

As Jason knelt before his mother's grave, the grudging  memories started flashing in his head, which led to him reminding himself for the cause of her death. He wished she had been living in peace her whole life but was constantly beaten mercilessly while overworked on an endless cycle.

Within the sound of the rain and the smog green atmosphere in the funeral, Jason had heard muddy footsteps splashing and splatting louder and louder as the sound confronted him.

His father then knelt beside him, watching his own fault, buried below and now looking above.

"What kind of husband am I?" said Andrew with his head down, like his son. "One that never gave a shit to his other half except on the days I fully loved her... And now, look what I've done!" Tears were dreading to burst in Andrews' eyes.

Eventually, they did.

All Jason had done was have his head down in sorrow with his eyes shut. "It should've been me."

"It shouldn't have been anyone, Dad," said Jason.

Andrew, who felt secluded from his world, looks at his son, stunned from his words. "Wha- what do you mean by that? I've set bad examples for you, my son, and I'd never known it."

"You can't change me."

Andrew sighs guiltily. "Listen to me. I know you have that image of me in your head for way too long. It's been 19 years! Oh please, don't you dare follow your father's path. You hear me? Please, don't ever walk your father's footste-"

"Enough!" exclaimed Jason, tired of hearing his father's guilt and uneased at the inappropriate sayings of his father. Jason took a deep breath, "You've taught me that a man will often be the bad one. You've also taught me to love you even when you're guilty because you would do the same for me. And in the end, even if it's this situation... It's okay, Dad."

Emotions changed. But their new path in life was incomprehensible. Andrew was willing to change his ways, for he fears traditions, even when the only tradition he has in possesion right now had just said that he can't be changed.

Somehow it was as if her spirit was shifting his mind, in order to make it better for her son.

"Your grandfather used to tell me, 'the eyes don't see it's guilt until there's tears to wipe away blindness and reveal the truth," Andrew quoted.

"I guess that... Maybe when someone knows their guilty, people should at least look up to them. Yet-"

"So why don't you?" Andrew said.

"-Because at the same time guilty people don't like being looked at," Jason raised his voice then bought it back down, "I know you'll be unease. You did the same to mom and you went to far."

It was typical with Jason having a point with his words. Nobody ever remembered the last time he was wrong!

The rain was slowly bringing down it's heavy and roaring pour to a slight drizzle.

Then it happened.

She happened.

She was in sight.

The smog-green fog drifted away as well, revealing all distant objects and silhouette figures in their umbrellas. Some were already leaving. Some stayed in mourning. Some were family overseas. Some were old friends.

It was that moment, Andrew saw them.

"Dear God, bless whoever is on that other side of the graves. One person was enough for today. No more." said Andrew, bowing his head.