Chapter 2: Nina

The night was slow. For one thing, it would save Jason enough time to return home. With adrenaline in his blood, gradually building, he kept on running nonstop. His spine wiggling, along with his heart beating rapidly, with every pant he took. Perhaps one would've thought he had no heart he had no heart nor lungs in him. For his speed was of no normality.

After many turns into different roads, he entered that avenue which had triggered fear in him. A woman, spotted as she opened her house window screaming out of her soul, "Nina! Nina! Nina!"

All Jason saw was her shadowy, dark figure. For the moonlight wasn't enough to be a spotlight. It was lucky she never caught sight of Jason, as he never came near the streetlights. She kept on screaming, and the more Jason galloped, the more distant the sound became.

Eventually, he reached his destination. He could hear the muffled bassline, the cheering voices and the sight of the club. After a series of heavy pants from running, he watched his moment to finally enjoy himself. However, the question came to his mind: How was he going to get in?

An unmonitored wallet was spotted from a stranger's back pocket. Jason consciously tried not to catch much attention. He came near the stranger as he stood in line, and in the sudden blink of an eye, Jason was at the back of the line! With a wallet!

He stumbled upon the bouncer, who could've been seen as questionable and vicious, from the look of his face. Jason handed him the entrance fee, which made the bouncer look at him with a face that nearly made his spine fall off.

"What's Your age?" The bouncer said. His voice more frightening than his face.

"Eighteen," Jason replied his answer directly.

The bouncer scoped Jason's face, searching for the littlest tweak of a lie. He never told a lie; that's the way his mother trained him.

  His moment to enjoy himself was only seconds away. Paradise was right behind the club door.

It was showtime.

Neon lights filled the room, and danced to the music, encouraging everyone else to have a good time. Jason's mind started to become colorful. He was amazed but scared at the same time. That's the way everyone feels when they first experience something. Especially if it's true happiness.

People danced as if they were slaves to the music, moving in multiple directions. Jason chuckled as he never saw such happiness before. Sudden ecstacys emerged in him; A feeling that he couldn't describe. It was that feeling that made his feet tap to the beat of the music and made the rest of his nerves uncontrollable. Eventually, he broke free, dancing by himself and finally knowing an element of his own enthusiasm really felt like. A smile came out on his face as if he had nothing else to lose, other than his mother. He knew he only had one night to live, but his night turned into a moment in his life, to never forget. Especially in that sudden moment.

He was in his own space.

His own world.

Until it happened again.

She happened again.

She invaded.

Within the smiles in the crowd, and the music that surrounded them, everything moved in slow motion when Jason saw her and she saw him.

She was of brunette hair, with olive-brown skin that consisted of crystal eyes and lips with perfect structure. She was covered in a dress of fluorescent blue and she was caught in sight of Jason.

In an instant, he pushed through the crowd, desperately wanting to confront her and her mysteries. It was strange of her being there in the same place as him.