Chapter 3: No Other Choice

"I'm sorry about earlier," said Nina.
Jason wore a tight smile and looked at the mirage around them in the sunset. "There's nothing to worry about."
With that, they just lumbered there in silence, which from the atmosphere was profusely romatic.
From being on the basketball court, they were then on the pavillion of the park's nearby football field. Together they watched the green grass sway back and forth from the wind that screamed in their ears. The distant houses that stood in front of them was a calm view as well, followed by the ocean blue sky, with clouds sailing westwards.

It was their day as they knew it.

  Nina turned to Jason. "Guess what," she said. "I'm happy. No, really, I am."

Jason stared as she tried to continue her expression.

"My past life...I'm sure I've reached a new chapter of my life where mom has learned her lesson and that she knows where her daughter stands."

Jason smiled at her, as she read his mind. "I feel the same way... from my father's perspective, that is."
The air filled with their laughter. For entering a new chapter of one's life is a new beginning. Victory screamed in their hearts as they found happiness, kindness, and freedom.

  Nina stared into Jason's eyes. His vessels were flowing butterflies while his lungs breathed in her love. "That's not the only reason why I'm happy," she said, scooting over to Jason. "Isn't it strange that maybe... this is like a miracle for us? It's unbelievable!"

  Life started to feel like a daydream to Jason, as Nina's words touched his heart.

In fact, her words made him twitch of shock! As he kept looking into her crystal eyes, he started to feel the smooth and calm touch of her skin when her hand was in his gentle grasp. With one touch, his mind was scrambling, his heart was beating and the serotonin was invading his blood.

He couldn't let go.

"You understand me, as much as I understand you. We're two loners in this world Nina, in this time...and in this life."

"We're not alone anymore. Two is better than one."

  "Two becomes one," Jason corrected her.

  Nina's face became cherry pink from holding a blush while her body melted in his love, simultaneously. "Oh, my God...Jason!" she smiled at him remarkably. "You're the only one I see in this world. All my life, nobody saw the agony in me. It's like I know who I am with you."

"I feel the same way... our past was pretty ugly.

Behind blue skies there was the rain in her.

"It still kinda is."

"What do you mean?" Jason felt slightly puzzled.

"Well, from knowing myself, I know I'm happy, kind, caring... and ugly," Nina turned around and smirked sadly behind his back. "Beautiful girls know they're gold... but they don't wanna be modest to themselves. That's the hideous girl's job."

Jason knew he wasn't going to understand Nina just yet. Not even if she was this enigmatic.

It wasn't her fault. From what he knew, the world scares her; He couldn't keep her in that ideology.

As she sat there, she felt arms around her waist, followed by a beating chest coming against her back.  It was breathless, purifying her sad blood, and she loved it.

Jason had his head lying on her left shoulder. And so, with perfect timing and harmony, she pressed his lips onto her cheek.

"Nina." He turned her face to his and fixed the hair away from her eyes. "You don't know yourself, if you don't know you're beautiful," said Jason