Chapter 7: Infidelity

Everything felt thick and hollow.

Danielle was lifting herself up with her hands struggling up the nearby kitchen counter with her legs and knees numb from Andrew's brutal swinging of a rolling pin. The sound of its marble and varnished beech wood had a sting-like "beech" sound as Nina and Jason throttled downstairs.

They both stopped at the bottom of the staircase, where all they had could've saw was Andrew's misshapen and bare skin upper back facing the opposite side of them. They also heard Danielle's whimpering as if she was crying. She was out of their sight.

"Leave me alone!" she shouted, like a mad woman.

"You really want me to leave you alone?!" The rolling pin rose in the air and then forcefully plummeted down to a bloodcurdling beating.

"You should think! About! What you've done! And what you've said!"

Her lashes sounded bigger and bigger each time Danielle's screaming rose in soprano. Clashes of plates and cups falling down, the swinging hand of the arm rolling pin that Jason and Nina only saw. It was something worse than agony. It was the painful nostalgia crawling in back to Jason as he watched and compared Laura's screams to Danielle's.

Nina screamed in devastation of her mother.

Catching Andrew's attention, they both ran toward them heaving heavy heartbeats, holding and struggling them against their own brutality. Jason ceased Andrew with his sweaty and slippery chest; they were fighting longer than he thought. Moreover, it was the way Nina witnessed Andrew's abuse just as Jason said it.

Nina held onto Danielle's face that was blush red and full with tiny bruises and scars hanging over her cheeks and eyes. Her hair was in knots too, as Nina would see they were pulled, wrapped and gripped onto with a lock.

She was in onslaughts.

Her clothes were torn up and stained as well, mostly with water, broken glass and blood in some spots that made Nina's soul tear out from her eyes.

The air around them, suffocating.

Maybe it was because Andrew and Danielle were panting heavy breaths while scowling in each other's eyes.

"Have you both lost your heads?! What is wrong with you?!" Taunted Nina in an apprehensive manner.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Jason said, shoving Andrew without a trickle of fear.

Andrew stared at his son in utter shock, but couldn't blame him. As in every argument, the fault is most likely laid heavily on the man. From the previous use of his paralanguage towards Danielle, it suddenly changed. He slowly walked around, "Well... I don't know if both of you have either rooms with thick walls, or you just woke up from a deep slumber-"

"Don't listen to him Jason." Danielle breached through the tirade, sitting on the counter-top folding her arms beside Nina. "Nina, the same-"

"Don't fucking interrupt me!" Andrew breached in return.

"You're fucking nothing without a-"

"Wait, hold that right there," Jason stopped Danielle with a stern palm. "Dad, what are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?" he laughs and continues his walk, "You know Nina. It appears that I am seen as the bad one right now. But little do you know that your bitch of a mother knows not only how to accuse one that he might end up becoming the same way as his past life, but has also disabled our fucking joint account and now all of my money is n you! Have you thought any fucking better? That is tragic. And very betraying to our family! What has gotten into you?"