Chapter 9: The Revelation

PART 1: THE SECRET

"Before you say anything, is this related to that same day of both of you running off last night?"

Jason and Nina turned heads and shook in unison.

"That doesn't matter right now," said Nina. "Andrew, Jason and I have been on this road before I even came into this house-"

"And it was impossible to come clear and tell you since Danielle came along," Jason continued, "so we changed strategies and hoped for the best. And we're here now. Dad, we're happy here. Happy where we both are right now, apart from everything else."

They stood grounds. Two versus one. But one had their authority.

"Please, you cannot tell my mom!" Nina pleaded. "If she knows... I can't imagine what would happen." She turned to Jason, whom by his facial expression, was filled with fright.

Air grew thick, once again. They had another situation on their hands. A sudden tension of fear grew between Jason and Nina while Andrew observed. For one thing, it was relieving seeing his son as a different soul of him. It was as if the love between them grew his disappointment.

Right there, Andrew reflected on his past contrasting with Nina.

The way Laura was crying; the way Nina stared at him. The way Laura would be so afraid of every moment; the way Nina would be so expressive to him. The way Laura would always be there for him; the way Nina would always trust him.

The way Laura would fear loving Andrew; the way Nina would always have positive energy

He was crying inside.

He lost Laura, and he was on the verge of letting Danielle fall of that cliff too.

A desire to travel back in time would've been a miracle for Andrew. Not only to know what he started, but also to know what caused his rage in the first place. He never knew how much value he had with her. Until she was gone.

Laura.

Danielle wasn't gone yet.

"I'm not telling her anything," said Andrew. "But there's another thing you should know."

They stood in suspense, looking at Andrew.

"She's threatening to leave," he said.

Just then, they were frozen, as winter blues. Just from those words, hair rising and vein narrowing fear took over their body.

Jason looked at his father with disbelief. Then again, a war grew in his mind.

"I thought you knew better," Jason said, elevating his voice. "I thought that you changed, and now you wanna go ahead and start the same thing over again?!"

"You don't know the reason behind all this," Andrew pleads, trying to placate his son.

"That doesn't mean it's necessary to lash her and put her in agony!"

"Jason, wait!" Nina tried to stop him.

"The fault is written all over your face!"

"Jason!"

"You're gonna make me lose two people in my life right now!"

"Jason!" Nina snatched him from the shoulders and put her forehead on his, while holding his face. "There is still hope."

Sunlight shone through the cream cocoa-brown curtain making Jason and Nina a sight-seeing exposure of dark romantic shadows, fighting for closure and presence.

Jason shook his head, assuring to Nina that he's calm now. He closed his eyes, easing his mind from demon to soaring dove.

Nina approached Andrew.