I can say that I love her

I came to her. She didn't even look at me. She was holding a glass of something that smelt like an alcohol but I have no idea what it was.
Delly, what happened? I asked while hugging her.
I saw him. With her. With that bitch! She said and started crying harder and harder.
Who did you see? I asked.
Him! My husband. Simon. With his ex wife! He was holding her hand. She whispered.
I didn't say a word. I didn't know what to say. It wouldn't propably help with anything. Sometimes a hug is just what you need. I thought. I still didn't know what to do. So we were sitting there, she was crying all the time and I was trying to calm her down somehow. Finally I thought that she should get some sleep.
Adele, you need to go to bed and try to sleep. I'll be there for you. I'll try to help you to deal with it. There's actually nothing that you can do with him. I said. I'd never expect that she'd cry. I've never seen her crying. She seemed to be so much happy, strong and positive person...
I got up and helped her to get up. She was drunk. I was sure about that. She could hardly walk. I took her to her bedroom. She laid down and I thought she fell asleep. When I made sure she was sleeping, I was about to leave her and go to my room, she woke up.
Could you sleep with me tonight? I really need someone. She whispered. I nooded my head and laid next to her. She laid her head on my shoulder. I fell asleep but some time later a kiss woke me up. It was her. At first it was soft but then it turned into really passionate kiss. It was full of emotions like anger, pain but also some kind of love. I kissed back. We were kissing for some time but then I reminded myself how Jake raped me.
I pushed her away. She wasn't that drunk as I expected.
Delly, I'm sorry but I can't. I just can't.
It's ok, love. I didn't mean to scare or hurt you. She whispered and laid her head on my shoulder again. I started playing with her hair. She was still crying a little bit, but she calmed down enough to get some sleep.
I didn't sleep. I was thinking about me... about us. For whole night.
Is that right? We were kissing. Two girls. That's not right. She has a family. And it shouldn't be in that way. I was thinking to myself. But I love her. Now I can say that and it's not kinda love which you feel to your idol. I truly love her. Like a friend. Or maybe even more than just a friend. I didn't know what to do but I knew that she had her family which loved her.
She was everything I had then and I didn't want to hurt her. Anyway, there was only one way to make things right. It shouldn't have happened. It was too much for me. I wanted her to be happy. If I left her, it'd propably break her heart but in my case it was the only one way to make things right.
I decided to wait for her to wake up and then talk with her about all of that. About the feelings that I didn't really understand then. About that what she felt to me.
I promissed myself that I'll be strong while this conversation. I knew that it was going to hurt her very much but it was painful for me too.
To be continued...

It's kinda shity chapter but I'm terribly tired. This coming chapter is going to break my heart. I hope you enjoyed this one. It took me long to write it and I actually cried my eyes out while writing Alice's thoughts at the very end. 😢😂
Always yours,
Alice xoxo