Chapter 28

A year later

It's been a year since I left, Ami and Abu didn't contact me for the first few months and neither did anyone else so I changed my number to avoid any contact. I stayed with Hamza and his parents for a couple of months thanks to his parents may allah bless them they helped me to buy a small apartment for me and Hassan.

Hassan has started to walk and also started saying a couple words. I have tried my best to give the best possible life to him without a father. Hamza has helped with Hassan a lot alhamdullilah and I am thankful for that. Hamza's parents treated Hassan as their own. Hassan even calls his mom Dadu.

I've started working as a secretary in Hamza's business, I wasn't familiar with his business but he taught me many things. When I go to work Aunty Fatima (Hamza's mom) takes Hassan.

Today I have a day off so I had my day planned to spend with Hassan. I got up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I made toast for myself and made pancakes for Hassan that's all he eats, just like Aayan.

After I made breakfast, I went to wake Hassan up and got him dressed. He reminded me everything about Aayan. Hassan has the same eye colour and the same dark brown silky hair. 

After countless amount attempts to feed Hassan I was done. I didn't wait and got dressed to go out to the park.

I was walking with Hassan to the park that was a 15 minutes walk from my apartment. 

"Pac" Hassan said pointing towards the swings. I smiled.

"Yes let's go" I picked him up and placed a kiss on his cheek. I placed him in the baby swing and swung him, He screamed each time he went higher which I let out a chuckle each time. 

I was sitting on the bench, watching Hassan playing with the kids. 

"Asallamolikum" I heard someone say beside me. I turned around seeing Hamza.

"Walikumsallam, How did you know I was here?" I asked lowering my gaze.

"You always take Hassan to park on your day off," He said sitting on the same bench but kept a distance between us. 

"PAPAAA" Hassan yelled and ran over to Hassan, My grew wide. 

"Hassan he is not your papa, Buri baat" I said to him his face dropped and came to me.

"Koi baat nahi, come here," Hamza said  extending his hand to him. Hassan looked at me and then went over to him. 

He picked Hassan up and threw him up in the air, I flinched at the sight.

"Hamza he will get hurt, Don't do that" I warned him while he was laughing along with Hassan.

"Look mama is scared always commanding things," Hamza said grinning. 

I stayed quiet and watched both of them play. 

I was wrong to leave Aayan but he clearly didn't care. Papa got what he wanted, to never let me have a happy ending. He's probably jumping in happiness but at least something that I have done is making papa happy. 

I want Hassan to have a better life than I had, I want him to know that I'm there for him and no matter what might happen I'll support him.