Learning About the Invasion

You sigh deeply, shifting uncomfortably in your bed. "The princess is captured" was the only thing that rang repeatedly in your head. The fuzzy blankets covering your body were thrown off, your feet touching the wooden floor as you walked towards the balcony doors. Your eyes watched every twinkle the stars sent you, sensing the presence of many gods staring into your very soul. 'If Luna is captured, Noctis could be next.' You thought, feeling an overwhelming wave of despair flood your senses. You wouldn't give into any of Niflheim's demands or offers of trading in the prince. Over your dead body you would.

You turn your head back towards the bedroom, watching the sleeping prince. You silently imprinted the image in your head, seeing his mouth slightly agape with drool, overhearing incoherent murmurs and snores slipping past his lips. You directed your gaze back onto the phone, reading the caller ID off.

"C-Cor." You muttered in disbelief, redialing the number immediately. A few seconds of excruciating beeping sounded through the speaker, chipping away at your patience.

"f-n, I see you finally have checked on your phone for once." His taunting voice rang through your eardrums.

"Cut it out. What happened to the princess?" You questioned, pressuring your fingertips into the cobblestone railing with anger.

"She has become a captive of Niflheim. Though, she always has been from the very beginning. King Regis has sent a glaive by the name of Nyx Ulric to retrieve her from enemy hands." He answers.

"What about the peace treaty? Did that have nothing to do with her capture?"

"General Glauca somehow managed to catch her without our audience. But, f-n I must inform you of vital information." He pauses for a few seconds before continuing.

"The treaty was a delusion of vulnerability, allowing airships to pass into the capital city." He adds on.

"W-What!" You shriek in shock.

"It was a trap. One of our sentries were able to catch Niflheim airships flying a few miles away towards the palace." Cor says.

"I-Is the Majesty alright?" You ask, worry evident in your voice.

"We both are in fine condition. We have taken refuge in the palace walls, though danger seems to be coming our way." Cor answers.

As if on cue, the shattering sound of glass erupted through the speaker, an eternal beep signaling the call has end. Your hand dropped limp back to your side, your breaths ragged. The phone's screen could have cracked under your tightened grip. You planned on heading back to Insomnia, whether the others agreed or not.

Time Skip
The atmosphere was stiff as you entered through the doorway into the living room, where three of the four lounged in silence. The last of the group entered in through the door, wearing a solemn expression. His emerald eyes connected with the dark blue hues of the prince in a warning of grave news.

"What's that look for?" Noctis asked with a frown.

"It's all in the papers." Ignis states briefly, passing the newspaper to Gladiolus.

"What is?" The ravenette questioned, growing annoyed with the elusive behavior of his adviser.

"Insomnia, falls." Prompto reads off hesitantly, scanning over the headline of the newspaper.

"Wha? Is this your idea of a joke?" Noctis questions with a scowl.

"I need you to calm down so I can explain." Ignis responds.

"I'm as calm as I'm gonna get!" Noctis says as he marches up to Ignis, anger laced in his voice.

"There was an attack. The Imperial Army has taken the crown city." Ignis informs.