Chapter 2 - Magic Arrows

~Avery~

I looked around. This world is so cool. There were hearts everywhere, pink, red and white. I laughed loudly when I saw a guy in diapers, holding a bow and arrow. They actually thought my dad dresses like that.

"This place is so cool and weird at the same time." I said to no one in particular.

I began exploring the park but then I remebered why I was here. I took out my bow and arrow and looked around for people who needed love. 

"Nope, he'll never like me back." a feminine voice said behind me. I turned around to see a teenage girl about 16, sitting on a bench and talking on her phone. Aha, found one.

"Shut up, I told you he--" her eyes went wide. "I gotta go.. he's here." she said, hanging up. I looked to my right to see a guy riding a skateboard a few meters away. I pointed my arrow at one of the wheels of his skateboard. Shooting it,  the wheel fell off. The guy fell to the ground, right in front of the girl. Oops.. that might have been too painful? Nah, he's a guy, he can handle a scratch.

"Oh my gosh, Jake! Are you okay?!" the girl asked frantically.

The boy, Jake, looked at the girl and a grin appeared on his face.

"I am now. " he said, looking at her with a bright smile. The girl blushed.

Mission accomplished.

I flew to nearby houses, looking for more people in need of love. 

"Who was that guy?!" I heard someone scream. 

"He was just a friend, Nick!" a girl yelled back.

Hmmm... a couple fight. This should be interesting.

"Then why was he all over you?! Tell me!" the guy yelled.

"He just gave me a hug!" she yelled again.

"Just a fucking hug! That's rubbish!" the guy was turning red from anger.

"He was a close friend!" the girl insisted.

"Too damn close.." the guy muttered.

"Don't you trust me?!" The girl was now crying. The guy ruffled his hair in frustration. Yep, they need my help. I shot an arrow at the guy. He seemed stunned for a moment, then his eyes softened.

"Look, I'm sorry. I was just jealous." he said, hugging the girl.

Wow, these arrows are great. Humans got some wrong information about them. They can't make people fall in love, but they make people realize something important or give people confidence  or anything they need to love someone better.

I looked at the couple who were now hugging each other as if it's the end of the world.

Sigh.. I wish I knew how that feels like..

 I looked around more and found a guy sitting on a bench, talking to his dog.

"Well, Maxie, do you think I should propose? It's been two years.. I know I love her. What do you think?" he asked his dog, Maxie. Maxie just barked.

Yup, he needs an arrow. I positioned my bow and arrow, ready to shoot, but then I thought of something. Maybe it'd be better if he proposed on Valentine's Day. I was about to put down my bow when --I have no idea how it happened-- I slipped and shot the arrow somewhere else. Oh no, what if I hit someone? That wouldn't really be a bad thing would it?

--Riley--