Chapter 3 - Sad Thoughts from the Past

--Riley--

I got back to Connor and Toby. They looked at me weirdly, as if expecting me to tell them something important.

"What?" I asked.

"How'd it go?" Connor asked.

"How did what go?" I asked again, more confused.

"Didn't you-" Toby stopped himself.

"Didn't I what?" I asked, annoyed.

"Nothing, nevermind." Toby said quickly. I narrowed my eyes at them. They're acting strange.

"I went to buy Starbucks, and you ask me how it goes? Was something suppose to hap--" I stopped. No. They wouldn't do that. Not again. "Did you try to set me up with a girl? Again?"

Panick was written all over their faces.

"Y-you met a girl?" Toby stuttered.

"Is she pretty?" Connor asked.

They suck at playing innocent.

"You guys did set me up.." I said, getting a little mad. I wasn't mad that they tried to set me up. I was mad because they tried to set me up with that kind of girl. They should know better.

"Seriously?! Again?! Just to answer your question, yes, I met a girl, the girl you set me up with. And she could've been pretty if she wasn't so seductive! You could've set me up with my type of girl!" I snapped.

"I-I.. we.. uuhhh..." Toby was at lost for words.

"You did this once, and I told you not to do it again! I don't need a girlfriend! What part of that can't you understand?!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry, Riley..  We just wanted to see you happy and not bitter.." Connor apologized and Toby nodded.

"I'm not bitter." I snapped. "Here." I said, handing them their drinks from Starbucks and walking in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going?" Connor asked.

"I need sometime alone." I answered, walking away.

Where? I have no idea. I just need to be alone.

~/~/~/~/~

I ended up in an abandoned playground. I sat down on a swing.. thinking.

Am I really that bad? 

I've been feeling this way about Valentine's Day ever since...

Sigh..

I pushed the memories to the back of my mind, not wanting to remember what happened.

I don't wanna be with you anymore.. You were never enough.. You never gave me what I deserved.

I groaned, putting my head in my hands, trying to get rid of that voice.

You never treated me right.. We were never meant to be, Riley..

I shook my head, pulling at my hair. I need to get that voice out of my head.

Go away, Riley.. I never want to see you again.

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! 

I never loved you.

And that's when I lost it. I stood up and screamed. I screamed so loud I might lose my voice. I fell on my knees and put my head in my hands.