Chapter 7 - Strange People are Strange

~Avery~

I slowly turned around to find the source of the voice. And there she was, a girl wearing dark clothes, with dark red hair, dark blue eyes and dark everything. She had a mocking smirk on her face as she looked me up and down. At first I was shock at why she could see me, but the moment I saw her eyes, I knew she wasn't human. 

"What? You're just gonna stare at me like an idiot? Oh, don't tell me you're a lesbian." she laughed.

"I'm not. Who are you anyway?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"There is no need to know my name, little weakling. The point is, you don't shoot like that and miss. You're wasting your arrows." she stated, casually playing with a strand of her dark hair.

"Oh, and you can shoot better?" I sassed.

"I can shoot without the bow." she boasted. 

"Oh yeah? Let's see." I said, throwing an arrow at her. She caught with ease. She held it like it was a pencil and threw it at the couple I was supposed to hit. It hit the guy on the head, and the arrow did its magic and the guy hugged the girl. I gaped at the sight before me.

"Oh, so I see that you're an Amorian. Huh, how's Cupid?" the girl behind me said. She held up her pointer finger, fire coming out of it. She twirled it around, the fire forming a circle of flames.

"Who are you anyway? And I thought Aleriums were extinct." I told her. Aleriums were creatures that could control elements. Back then, there were so many of them, living amongst humans because they don't have the power to be invisible. We learned about this stuff in Amorean High. I don't really know the history as to why they were supposed to be extinct, but according to the books their population just mysteriously decreased, until they were all gone. Or maybe I was sleeping during class or just sitting there and not paying attention. 

Well who can blame me? History bores me to death.

"Apparently, we're not." she said with venom in her voice, cutting off my train of thoughts. 

"Well, I have work to do, so I'm gonna go now." I took a few steps back, feeling weird around this girl.

"Be careful with that." 

And when I turned around, she was gone. What the hell did she mean by that? I have no idea, but she was scary. Really, really scary. 

Okay, now back to work.

--Riley--

"I'll be your soldier.. Na na na na na..." I smile as I sang the last notes to the kids. We were in an orphanage right now, singing for the children here. My Uncle Nate came to visit us today, then told us that we have a 'mission' and apparently, that mission is to sing for kids in an orphanage.

You see, my uncle like to travel around the world to help people in need. I guess that's his dream, to free the world from poverty. He is a very generous man, and apparently rich too. Seeing all these things he gives to kids? Yup he's rich. I mean seriously, he gave away a guitar worth one thousand dollars. 

What happened after las night's weirdness you may ask? Well, after we found that weird fountain, we had a silent agreement to never speak of it again. Well, I stopped bugging Toby, but Connor's curiosity can be really annoying. 

Speaking of the idiot, he was spacing out again. 

"Hey Connor, next song." I told him, poking his arm and he snapped out of his little dream world and began playing the first notes of 'Pray' by Justin Bieber.