10. Dive

September

Dave, Kurt and Krist had gone off to recoord Nirvana's second album at Sound City and they where coming back home today. I couldn't wait to see Dave. I had gone with the boys for awhile but I had to eventually come home and go back to work. I walked into the record store and saw Sadie leaning against the counter, reading a magazine.

"Hey Sadie," I said as I walked up to the counter.

"Why are you here? Doesn't this mystery man of yours come home today?" Sadie asked as she looked up at me.

"Ya but he's meeting me here with my goofballs," I replied as I wlaked around the counter and sat down on the stool.

"I can't wait to meet the guy that brought you back," Sadie said as two teenagers walked in. I watched them as we continued to talk.

"He didn't bring me back. I was never gone," I responded with.

"You stopped going out. You cut people out of your life. Your parents fucked you up. Whether you'd like to admit it or not, that boy brought you back to life," Sadie said as the two teenagers walked up to the counter. She turned around and rang them up. I noticed they where buying Bleach and stiffled a laugh.

"What's so funny?" one of them asked me.

"Nothing," I replied as the door opened. I looked and saw Krist. I knew Kurt and Dave would be behind him.

"She's probably making fun of us for buying Nirvana," the other boy said as Krist walked up behind them

"Hey Britt and I doubt she's making fun of you," Krist said as Kurt and Dave joined him. I waked around the counter and jumped into Dave's waiting arms.

"She laughed when she saw what we where buying. She was making fun of us," the first boy said and the second one paid. Kurt noticed they where buying Bleach.

"She laughed because she knows that band," Kurt told them as Dave finally put me down.

"Woah you know Nirvana?" both boys asked me. I smiled as Kurt winked at me.

"Ya. They're like my best friends and I'm dating the drummer," I replied as I put my arm around Dave.

"Then why you kissing this guy?" the second boy asked.

"I am the new drummer," Dave responded.

"How about you two go home, listen to Bleach and then come back in a few days and buy our new record called Nevermind," Krist said as he walked the boys to the door. Once he had escorted them outside, we all started laughing.

"Arrogant little piss ants," Kurt said once we stopped laughing.

"Hey Sadie. Looking good," Krist said once he rejoined us.

"Hey Krist and Kurt. I love hwo she doesn't introduce her boyfriend to me," Sadie said sarcastically.

"Sadie this is Dave. Dave this is Sadie," I said. Dave and Sadie shook hands.

"Nice to finally meet the guy that brought our girl back to life," Sadie said as Kurt started looking around the store.

"Nice to meet you too," Dave replied.

"Dave hasn't shut up about you since you left LA," Krist said as he leaned against the counter.

"Not true," Dave protested.

"He did too. He also wouldn't shut up on the way here," Kurt said as he came back up to the counter empty handed. I looked at Dave and he half smiled at me.

"I missed you. I wasn't the only one either," Dave said as he glared at Krist.

"Dude she's my best friend. I missed hanging out with her," Krist said in defense.