s i x t e e n

I woke up next morning by jumping on the bed to wake me up.

"Come on, we need to get to school!" She yelled at me.

"Give me another five minutes" I said with a sleepy voice.

"We don't have another five minutes" She said kicking me out of the bed.

"Hey, that was rude. Fine, I'll go and get a shower" I said standing up.

"And I'll wait you with our breakfast in the living room" She said leaving the room.

I picked some clothes from my part of her closet. I've been spending so much time here lately, more than usual that I've left some clothes in here just in case we decide to have a sleepover. She has her own part on my closet too.

When I finished I went to the living room where Riley was waiting for me on the table with our mac and cheese.

We ate our breakfast in silence, I knew something was still bothering her. But if it's not Lucas, what is it?

"How long are we avoiding this?" She finally said.

Avoiding what exactly? She told me yesterday she wanted to forget about our little fight. So, it has to be the me and Lucas thing or the me and her thing.

I don't want to talk about us, these feelings are getting out of control. I'll go with the Lucas thing.

"Not avoiding nothing. Just life moving on beyond that thing that happened between me and Lucas" I said as she faced fish face at me twice.

"There wasn't a kiss!" I screamed.

"There wasn't?" She asked surprised.

"No"

"What was there?" She asked.

"He just grabbed my face and stared at my face real close" I said as she did exactly what I just described."Yeah, just like that. Yeah" I said trying to be calm but I was actually freaking out.

Last time we were on situation like this I was the one who grabbed her face, now it's her grabbing mine. Can my feelings at least not come out until next year? It isn't that long.

"That's a good move" she said letting me go.

"I didn't hate it" I said wishing this conversation was already over.

But we kept discussion about Lucas, why is he always the main subject in our conversations?

"Maya, until we talk about" She said grabbing my face once again "Nothing is ever happening again"

You mean about that time that happened with me and Lucas or the time that happened with us? Did she really just make that move twice? Why am I over thinking this?

It doesn't mean anything to her, that's probably why she does it so natural. My heart is beating so fats right now, I think I'm going to die.

And like if it wasn't enough when I get to our first class, which was English by the way. Harper wrote on the board does love make sense?, haven't I suffered enough?

She was analyzing this book called Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, focus on the multiple loves of two young women. Basically, one was me and one was Riley. I was sensibility and she was sense.

"What's there not to love about figuring out love?" Harper said to me.

"Help me" I said looking at Riley.

But she told me she wanted to stay out of it. But then Charlie Gardner appeared.

Harper kept talking about the book or should I say me and Riley?

"What happens to the two girls, Harper?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, the two girls" She said.

"Everything is always ok between the two girls, right?" I asked.

"No, Maya. Love is never easy and often comes at a great cost. And the relationships that seem the strongest are the most tragically torn apart" Harper said.

Great. This won't end up well.

After school me and Riley went out Topanga's and we got out of there planning a party for tomorrow night. Everyone is going to be there.

I can't get out of my head something said when we were there, what we'll be interesting is... who is with who at midnight.

All I wish is to be next to Riley at midnight.

When I went to class the next day, what was Matthews's class about? That's right, love. Does this never end?

He remind how this whole mess could end up breaking me and riley apart.

Now, I'm in my room looking for an outfit to wear tonight. I don't want to be in this mess anymore by next year, which is tomorrow. Do I have to be next to Huckleberry at midnight?

After a lot of thinking, I decided I was going to tell him all the truth. About my feeling for Riley, the mess I got us all into. Hopefully he would keep my secret and next year I'll try to fight for Riley. I'll try to fight for us.

Once I got to the party, I sat by myself away from everybody else. After some minutes, Huckleberry arrived and came to sit next to me. I can't believe I'm about to tell him about my feelings before telling Farkle. I always thought Farkle would be the first to know.

"Hi" He said.

"Hi" I said back.

Ok, this is it. It's now or never.

"Hi" Riley said sitting next to Lucas.

Or, maybe not.

Then, thanks to Charlie Gardner we all ended up playing the couples game, I was with Huckleberry. None of us wanted to answer our questions so we basically ate them. At least, we agree n something.

Everyone has gone to the rooftop, New Year was coming. And here I am by myself sitting on a couch, waiting for who knows what.

"I'm a mess, who's gonna clean me up?" I said when Topanga and Matthews came to sit with me.

"What's the matter honey?" Matthews asked.

"I'm a little confused. You're right again Mr. Matthews" I said. "How easy it is to get torn apart by feelings you don't understand. It's gonna be a tough year, isn't it?"

"Oh, it doesn't get any easier. That's why you need to stay close to the people we trust, so they can put you back together again" Topanga said.

"Yeah. They're all here, aren't they?"

After wishing a Happy New Year to them, I went to the rooftop. I saw Lucas was by himself so I went next to him.

My New Year's Resolution will be friends Ranger Rick. I'll leave all my jealousy aside. And the first step for that to happen is telling him the truth about what's going on.

I'll tell him after midnight. Next Year, I'll only focus on me and Riley, it's always going to be her and me forever.

"Hey Lucas, have I ever said anything nice to you?" I said.

"No"

"Well, it's one minute until midnight and I'm glad you're standing here" I said.

"Well, that kind of makes up for everything" He said.

Well, it's a good start. Maybe this won't such a bad year after all.

Everybody started to count down, 9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... Happy New Year!

"Riley still loves Lucas" Farkle said as Riley stopped from running away from the rooftop.

It's gonna be a tough year, isn't it? Oh, yeah.

A/N: HERE IS ANOTHER CHAPTER AS i PROMISED! This is the last chapter that will be conected to the storyline that GMW follows, this means I won't be doing more chapters based on actual episodes from the show. Probably, no one cares about that but I told you anyway. Well, I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER AND THANK YOU FOR READING!! LOVE YOU ALL SUNSHINES!