t w e n t y - t h r e e

There she was, not knowing what to say. I've totally caught her out of guard.

"I guess you could" She stuttered.

I took her chin so she could look me right in the eyes. But her look was focused on my lips. I just laughed.

I brought her closer to my face and kissed her lips with everything I had. She did the same.

I love how it feels kissing her. I didn't know kissing someone was supposed to feel this good.

The kiss kept getting deeper and there was no turning back from it. We fell on my bed; she was on top of me.

She stopped kissing me just to look at me as she placed one hand on my cheek. Her touch was so sweet.

Then she got back kissing me as she went down to my neck. There was no turning back now.

Suddenly I felt someone coming into the apartment. It must be my dad, I pushed Maya away and she fell on the floor.

"Hey Riley, did you fix things with Maya?" My dad said as Maya was still on the floor and I was lying on my bed nervously laughing.

"Hey Matthews" Maya said.

"Maya, I'm glad seeing you here again. But what are you doing on the floor?" He was confused.

"We were just playing... you know, a pillow fight for the old times" He didn't see anything I don't know why I am freaking out.

"But all the pillows are on their place perfectly fine" I could see Maya trying not to break in laughter.

"Thank you for your comment Sherlock Holmes, no get out of my room. We have a lot to catch on" I pushed him out of my room, locking the door behind him.

"So... we were just playing, huh?" I turned to look at her as she raised an eyebrow. I could literally feel how nervous I was.

"Um..." I tried to find the words to t say but nothing came out of my mouth. She got up and started to come closer. She eventually stopped when I hit the wall behind me. She smiled at me as she was enjoying this.

"You know... Usually it's the taller person who pushes the smaller one against the wall" I stuttered.

"We ain't them, honey. Plus, this is real life, not a cliché movie. It's just us doing what our heart tells" She kept coming closer with every word she said.

Finally she broke the space between us and our lips met. It wasn't like our last kiss. This one was sweet, slow; I felt I could melt in her in that moment. But it was also shorter.

"Whoa" I said without even thinking it.

"Was that cheesy enough to make your heart do whatever I told you?" She winked at me. I knew that sounded like something she wouldn't say.

"I hate you" I pretended to be mad as I turned around and crossed my arms.

"Your lips said something else minutes ago"

"Ok, that's it" I grabbed a pillow from my bay window and threw it at her.

We ended up having a pillow fight after all and it was the best. After some minutes I couldn't see Maya anywhere until I felt someone crashing on top of me. She had always loved surprised me like this. We just laughed and threw the pillows away.

"I missed you" I said between laughs.

"I missed you too, honey" She said laughing too.

---

I woke up the next morning feeling different, a good different. There was smile on my face.

I couldn't help but smile at the memories of what happened last night. I had my Peaches and I wasn't gonna let her go ever again.

I am finally going to school and Maya will be there.

I headed to school, when I got there I went straight to my locker to look and leave some stuff there. And suddenly someone covered my eyes.

"Hey, who is it?" The voice from the person covered my eyes said.

"My dear Peaches I would recognize your voice anywhere" I said turning around to face her.

"And I would also recognize yours anywhere too, Honey" She kissed my cheek. I just smiled, I think.

"Well, well, well. Finally Rilaya is back. Everything is back to normal" Zay said coming closer with Lucas and Farkle by his side.

"Rilaya?" Maya ad I said at the same time.

"Riley and Maya, Rilaya. It's so obvious, come on guys" Farkle said. Maya and I smiled at each other.

"What's going with you two? Yesterday you didn't talk and now it looks like you are dating" Farkle added.

"As matter of fact my dear Farkle, Riley and I..." I cut her off.

"Are really happy to be friends again" Maya looked at me confused, her look broke my heart.

I am not ready to tell everyone about us. I like it when it's just us. Why everyone else has to know? There is nothing wrong about keeping it a secret, right?

"Well, we're really happy that you two are finally ok. Let's go to class" Lucas said as Zay and Farkle followed him into the classroom.

"Maya, aren't you coming?" I said as I noticed she wasn't coming.

"I'll go in a minute" She said.

I knew something was wrong that's why I followed her. I found her on the bathroom crying in front of the mirror.

"Maya?" I came closer to her.

"Go away. I don't want you here" She walked away from me.

"No. You have to tell me what's going. Is there something wrong?"

"What do you think?" She said sarcastically.

"I'm not understanding, Peaches" She came closer to me.

"Don't you dare to call me like that. Why did you tell the guys we are just friends? Last night didn't mean anything to you?" She was mad at first but then her voice broke.

"Don't say that, you know last night meant a lot to me. It's just; I don't want everyone to know about us. What will they say?" She stepped back.

"Who cares what everyone else thinks?" I cut her off.

"I do. I always have and you know that" I screamed. This was turning into a fight.

"Do you care more about them than you care about me?" She screamed back at me.

"I didn't say that. I'm just asking, why can't keep this a secret?" I tried to get closer to her.

"I've been hiding my feelings for you for so long. I'm tired of hiding. I need you to tell me right now if you're not gonna keep us a secret, otherwise last night never happened" She came closer with tears in her eyes.

"It's not an easy choice. Please, Maya..." She cut me off.

"Last night never happened" Those were her last words before walking out the bathroom.

I promised myself I wasn't gonna lose her again. I lost her again. Why can't I stop hurting her?

They say you don't know what you got, until it's too late. I'm already gone.

A/N: HEY GUYS!! I know it took me a lot to upload this chapter but I actually finished it like three days ago but Wattpad has never uploaded. I was starting to write the next one and I noticed this one wasn't publised. The chapters before this one also looks like it's not published anymore but nevermind. I BROUGHT YOU A NEW CHAPTER, YESSS.

And you must hate because I gave you what it looked like a cute chapter but then I ruined it. You can express how much you hate on the comments, no problem. THANK YOU FOR READING, LOVE YOU ALL 💙💚💛💜