Alone

The sun had gone to sleep.

Beside me there was a sleeping boy. His sleep got interrupted by a voice from the speakers.

"Now we're near the next stop..."

As he kept talking I looked out through the window. I saw a sea and a beautiful little town. I saw a cute village. I could see the moon's reflection in the sea and the stars were shining so bright this night.

The boy beside me woke up quickly. He packed his things and took his bag. I understood that he lived here, in this adorable little town.

So I decided to end this little trip here, and see where it leads me.

I took my bag and got up from my seat.

"So you are following me?" The boy said and a little laugh escaped from his mouth.

"Hah, no I actually live here.." I lied. And as a said that, I felt how bad I wanted that to be true.

The train stopped and the doors opened.

"Before I go, what's the mysterious girl's name?" He asked. His pretty green eyes stared at me.

"Tiffany" I answered.

"My name is Jason." He said instead of saying good bye. I watched him walk away.

I ran my fingers through my brown hair and started to walk away from the railway station.

I couldn't stop thinking about the boy, Jason. His brown hair matched his green eyes. The way he spoke to me before a small grin covered his face.

Tiffany, stop thinking about him. Why do you even keep thinking of him? You don't even know him.

I erased the thoughts in my head.

"Hey stop the bus!" I shouted.

The bus stopped and waited for me.

I took a deep breath and started to run.

The doors opened for me.

"Thanks a lot." I said while trying to catch my breath.

"Wait, young lady. You have to pay."

I gave him all the money I had left.

As I tried to find a seat I plugged in my headphones. Listening to music is my favorite hobby. It makes me fly away to another world. At least for a moment.

I rested my arm on the windowsill while the bus drove around in a beautiful village. I saw families eating dinner together in their gardens, boys and girls playing football, a girl walking alone on the beach, leaves falling from the trees. And there was me, Tiffany. A girl no one cares about.

When I got off the bus I was very tired. I felt how much my eyes wanted to close themselves. I tried my best to keep them open. It was hard.

Suddenly I saw a house, it looked empty. Or I wouldn't say house. It was more like a cabin.

I knocked on the door. No one answered. I carefully placed my hand on the doorknob and opened the door.

I was right, it was empty.

I found some wood. When I was chopping the wood I started to think about mom. I wondered what she did right now, how she felt. If she missed me. Honestly I wanted her to be unhappy. After what she did to me, all I wanted was to forget her for good, but I couldn't..