The phone call

TIFFANY's POV:

My phone vibrated and there was a message on my screen.

-Missed call from Mom.

1 new voice mail from Mom.-

My jaw dropped for a second. What the fuck? Mom?! I felt anger and sorrow fill my heart. I stared at my phone for a long time. Is she being serious?

When did she start care about me at all. Maybe she felt guilt, maybe she just wanted to talk, I don't know.

"Tiffany, what's wrong? You seem a bit upset. Is there something bothering you?" Jason asked.

Yes actually there is. My mom who left me, suddenly called me.

"Yes.. Yes there is something bothering me."

Jason sat down beside me.

"Tell me. I know we haven't known each other for so long yet but I really wanna get to know you better and be there for you."

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. Jason was really nice to me, it meant a lot.

After a moment of silence I said

"My mom called me and left me a message."

He was quiet.

"I haven't listened to it. I don't wanna hear her voice." I continued.

"Tiff.." He began.

Wow, he called me by my nickname already. I found that kind of sweet.

"Listen, I know she hurt you. Like a lot. She must have some kind of problem. Mothers don't leave their children.

You have all right to be mad at her.

But I think you should listen to the message she sent you. She is your family after all."

He was right. She is my family BUT she doesn't feel like my family. At all.

"You're right. But the thing is, she doesn't feel like my family. Like I said, I basically raised myself." I said weakly.

"Why didn't you contact anyone?"

"What do you mean?" I said.

"You know, someone that could be there for you. Like an extra mom. An extra family." He said.

I thought about it. Maybe, I could've had a new family by now. My mom could be living with Henry, my dad. And I could be having a new family who actually cared about me.

"Ye,yes.. I could've had a new family. Who cared about me. Then I wouldn't be here alone."

There was a silent moment between us two.

"You're not completely alone.. I'm here." Jason said quietly.

He was just too cute right now. I felt like crying and hugging him but I didn't know how he would react.

Tears started to stream down my face. All the emotions I had inside me turned into tears.

Suddenly I felt Jason's arms wrapped around me. He whispered calm things that made me feel better.

"Do you wanna listen to the message or.. Should we go for a walk instead. I could give you a tour of this place." He said calmly.

"Maybe I should listen to the message first.. Then you could give me a tour if you wanna." I said and winked at him.

He smiled at me and walked away from the living room.

"You have 1 new message." The voice mail voice said.

- Beep -

"H, hi. This is your mom.. I just, uhm, wonder how you are and how you feel. Sorry I didn't left any money. I hope you find anything to eat anyway.

Uh.. Maybe you can call me later, if you want to.

And Tiff, I found your note. I'm sorry."

She wonder how I feel? Really mom?! Why would the one who made me feel how I feel ask me that? YOU made me feel this way. YOU left me, remember? YOU haven't cared about me EVER!

Sometimes I'm so jealous of the children who has a good family. They should appreciate it more.

Anyway.. Why did she bring up the money thing. She knows she didn't left any money.

And btw, I'm happy she found my note. I hope she feels guilty as fuck. (Sorry for the language.)

"Tiff.. How did it go?" I heard Jason say.

"Uh.. I don't wanna talk about it anymore.

You wanna take me on that tour instead?" I said and began to walk towards him.

We smiled at each other when we met each other's eyes.

"Your eyes are beautiful, you know that?" He said suddenly.

I stood there, glaring at his eyes.

"Yours aren't so bad either." I said and winked at him.