Green eyes

I woke up early that morning. I had slept on the floor. My body was hurting and I had a body ache. I got up from the floor and I felt how hungry I was. Too bad I didn't have any money. I decided to take a walk and find a way to earn some money.

I was wearing ripped jeans and a white top. And of course a sweater to keep me warm.

The streets were almost empty. I watched the sun rise in the horizon as I started to walk towards the beach.

My toes touched the wet sand, I guess the night had been rainy. My feet were getting pretty cold so I put on my shoes again. I really wanted it to be summer and not fall. I hate being cold.

When I got up from the empty beach I felt how bad my stomach wanted food. I looked around me in search of a supermarket or something like that. The stores were closed. I sighed and shook my head, i hadn't eaten anything in the last two days. My body was weak and I was very tired.

I found a bench where I sat down and rested. I better just sit here until the stores open, I thought.

In a few seconds, I had fallen asleep again.

"Excuse me?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I opened my eyes and what I saw was two pretty green eyes. Jason.

I quickly got up from the bench.

"Uhm, hi, Jason right?" I said quietly.

"Yes that's right." "Why were you sleeping on a bench crazy head?" He continued as a little laugh escaped his mouth.

"So.. Where are you living?" I tried to change subject.

"You didn't answer my question, Tiffany."

"Oh, you remember my name." I said and wrinkled my eyebrow.

"How could I forget?" He smiled and started to walk down the street.

I stood there thinking a second before I followed him.

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?"

I could see him laughing in front of me.

"Stop asking questions Tiffany." He said instead.

He looked very hot btw. He had dark blue jeans and a white T-shirt, on his head he wore a beanie. And he held a skateboard under his left arm, just to top everything.

"I'm not asking you many questions." I said behind him.

He turned around and stared at me with those green eyes.

In that second, I remembered my mom's eyes, they were green too. I remember that annoyed look she always gave me. Like she hated me.

Why am I still thinking about her? She's in my past, a part of how my life used to be. I'm about to start a new life now. Stop thinking about her Tiffany. She doesn't deserve you.

I felt a tear on my cheek. I wiped it off as fast as possible but Jason noticed that something was wrong.

"Oh my god, why are you crying?"

He said upset.

"I'm not, it's just.. The wind." I lied.

He hugged me. For a long time. I tried to stop the tears from falling but I couldn't hold them back. The tears were rolling down my cheeks and then they landed on his shoulders.

"I'm sure it wasn't the wind, right?" He said with a soft and quiet voice.

A few hours later I was in Jason's house. I didn't tell him why I had been crying. We just ate some breakfast together in the park, goofed around on the playground and had a good time.

I really liked him, It was like I had known him all my life.

Then we went to his house.

His house was alot bigger than I thought.

"I thought I wouldn't meet you again."

He said while we sat in his bed drinking tea.

"Well, unfortunately you met me again."

"Don't say it like that." He said with a serious voice.

"You are special, I knew it the moment I met you." He said again.

I sat there quietly, didn't know what to say. No one had ever been so sweet to me. His eyes met mine.

"My mom left me." I said after a moment of silence.

His eyes went bigger.

"Tiffany, what?" He was speechless.

I nodded and a tear rolled down my face.

"Wh..what happened?" He asked.

I took a deep breath.

"My relationship with my mom have never been so great, one morning when I wake up, she was gone."

"Where are you staying?"

"In a cabin next to the beach.."

"Oh my god, listen, I'll help you." He said.

"But, how?!"

"Just trust me, okay?" He said and hugged me.

I ran my fingers through my hair and hugged him back.

I told him my deepest secret. He was so understanding. He made me feel safe and happy. I lightly opened my eyes. I had been sleeping. Jason wasn't in his room so I decided to go and find him.

When I went down the stairs I saw him standing in the kitchen. He was making sandwiches.

"Slept well?" He asked.

"Mhmm" I answered tiredly.

"Follow me" He said and started to walk towards the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Out."

When he opened the door I saw two bikes, one for me, one for him.

The sunset was so beautiful, I could see the sun's reflection on the surface.

Jason parked his bike so I did the same.

We had come to a place with a very beautiful view.

"Let me help you up."

"Up, where?" I sad confused.

He lifted me up on a little roof.

When we both were up he gave me a sandwich.

"Here, I bet you are starving."

"Thanks." I said and felt myself smiling.

Now, they were some stars on the sky. They were awake now, and the sun was sleeping.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I wondered.

"Because.. You aren't like everyone else, and you are going through a hard time, I wanna be there for you."

He took my hand and held it.