Teardrops

JASON's POV

Me and Tiffany came home later that evening. We had been laying on the shore for hours talking about everything. From our childhood to the most embarrassing moment in our lives, to love stories and more.

I must say I'm impressed of how strong Tiffany is. Her childhood wasn't very easy. I still wonder what made her mom and dad so... Unsympathetic.

Why did both of them leave her?

That's my question, why? Is there any specific reason?

I still couldn't stop thinking about the kiss we shared though. It was perfection. It all happened so suddenly but none of us regret it.

Tiffany is the most prettiest girl I've ever seen.

I love how I can make her dimples show, when I make her laugh or smile.

I love her brown wavy hair.

I love when she blushes and her cheeks turn red.

I love her face, it's the most beautiful sight.

I love her smell.

I love that she makes me so extremely happy.

Suddenly a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Jason, dinner is ready!" My mom said.

Then it hit me, they don't know about Tiffany. They have been away for a few weeks and I haven't been able to tell them.

How would them react? What would I say?

"Let me introduce you to my parents.." I said and turned around to face Tiff.

She smiled at me. I made her dimples show, again.

"Yes.. Uhm.. Do they know about me?" She asked.

"No, but I'm sure they will understand." I said and started to walk towards the kitchen.

When I stepped into the kitchen my mom came and embraced me quickly.

"My son, I've missed you so much. But me and your dad had such a great time in Santa Monica." She said with a happy voice.

When she was done with hugging me, she spotted Tiffany.

Tiffany stepped forward to say hello to my mom.

"Uhm, mom, this is Tiffany. She is my new friend and she has been staying here for two weeks maybe. And the reas.."

Just when I was about to finish, Tiffany interrupted.

"The reason is that.. My family left me and then I met your wonderful son Jason. He has been helping me these weeks and without him, I would probably be traveling alone somewhere. I wouldn't be having any place to stay at. I understand if you feel suspicious or confused about this, but please don't blame Jason. Blame it all on me for dragging him into this." Tiffany said nervously.

My dad who heard everything stepped into the kitchen too.

"Poor kid, we understand. Of course you can stay here, but just until we find a better way to help you. I think we may need to contact your parents, or any of your relatives."

Dad said while walking across the room to my mom.

"No, no, please don't contact my parents. I'm begging you, i don't want them near me again." Tiffany spoke weakly.

Mom and dad looked at each other.

"Tiffany, what did they do to you all these years?"

Mom said, almost whispering in concern.

Tiffany was silent and I could feel that she was growing weaker and weaker.

I hate seeing her sad and hurt.

"Mom, maybe we should leave this conversation behind us for now, and talk more another day?" I said trying to save Tiffany's tears from falling.

"Yes, we can.. But we need to get some help, we need to help her, okay?" Mom said to me.

"I'm sorry for dragging you all into this. My life is just so complicated and it has always been. But when I met Jason, all those complications disappeared. For once in my life I felt like I was loved.

But I guess I've been selfish and I didn't think about how your life will change with me here, I'm always bringing complications. I don't wanna bother your family, you are a perfect family and I don't wanna come between you guys." Tiffany spoke. She turned around and started to walk towards the door.

"Tiffany, wait!" I yelled.

I could hear her cry quietly. She was hiding her face from me as she put on her shoes and her grey sweater. She took her bag and opened the door.

"Tiff, wait! What are you doing?!" I said upset.

Then she stopped and turned around.

And as I said, there were tears in her eyes and on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I realize that I'm just a problem to everyone, to my family, my friends, to your family. I can't just move in to your parents house like that. They will have responsibility for me then, and I don't wanna make their lives complicated."

She turned her back to me again and started to walk.

I started to run.

"Tiffany!" I said while grabbing her left shoulder and turning her around.

"You aren't a problem to me. My family can deal with this, I promise.

Listen Tiff, I like you so much, you bring the happiness, not the problems."

She started to cry again.

"Then tell me, why did I find a note on the kitchen table one morning from my mom, saying she had left me. Why did my dad move away from me when I was seven years old without saying good bye, why did my boy friend, my best friend and my friends leave me because they thought I was crazy just because my parents are?! Why did I have to take care of the house and myself alone, why did my dad... Why did he.." She broke down into tears.

"Your dad, did what?! Tiffany you can tell me anything! There's something you are hiding from me."

I wrapped my arms around her. The sun had gone to sleep and it was dark and pretty cold outside. I could tell she was freezing.

"Here, take my jacket." I handed her my jacket.

"Love.." I began.

"Love is what makes us strong. And I'm ready to be here for you and built you up. I'm ready to make you strong again, with love." I continued.

"You don't have to talk about this anymore today. Come on inside instead." I said again.

I helped her up from the ground.

I held her cold hand in mine. Her hand was covered in teardrops.

Teardrops made of fear and sorrow.

Teardrops made by Tiffany.