Memories

Ok guys, finally back to the story!

You wake in an oddly familiar place, a heavy feeling in the air. Out of nowhere, a little girl runs in. About five or six, looks like the younger version of you... She runs right past you and into the kitchen.

"I'm h-here!" She called. "I'm he-" her voice was silenced and you heard a slap, followed by a squeak of shock. You peer in to see the little girl on the ground, a woman with a cigarette in her fingers stood over her, hand still in post-slap position. The girl sniffles and starts to apologize, before the woman interrupts her.

"Worthless piece of shit, you're late!"

"I'm sorry, mother..." She sobs.

"That's what you said last time and it's obvious you have learned nothing!" The woman hissed, burning the skin on the girls arm with the cigarette. A wave of sudden realization washes over you. You look at your arm. There's a scar. A burn scar. The girl is you. This is YOUR house, YOUR mom, YOUR past. Your memory. You watch in fear as your mother beats on your younger self. Every few seconds you both get older and the surroundings get dirtier. 6, 10, 12, 15. It was then you snapped. Tears streaking down your cheeks as you watched your younger self beating on your old witch of a mom. After she was beat within an inch of her life, you ran.

You jolt awake, sitting upright with sweat rolling down your face. Overwhelmed by all these memories starting to flood back, you burst into tears, scream crying in anger and agony. Within seconds of your scream, Shuu us right next to you, pulling you close.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? Bad dream?" He asks softly. You nod quickly and sniffle, burying your face in his chest.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He pressed on while rubbing your head.

"I remember." You sniffle. Shuu suddenly stops.

"You what?"

"I remember." You repeat. "I remember everything, my life. My home..." You look up at Shuu, who's eyes are glazed over and distant. "I don't wanna go back..." You say, feeling him loosen up.

"And you never have to. Now c'mon, I'm here now... Lets get some rest." He says, laying down with you. The two of you slept like that, tight in each other's embrace, for the rest of the night.