Chapter XV (I'm Coming Home)

Midtown Manhattan, April 19th 2017

Today I will be released from the asylum. I've been medicated through iv and been in a coma for a year. 

So many things that I lost. I have a lot to catch up with. Tv shows, songs, my life, my career, Roderick.

It's going to be hard to know what to do as soon as I'm told to get out of here.

Where should I go? What should I do?

Should I go to Los Angeles, my hometown and try to work in a non artistic job and be with Roderick?! 

Should I stay in New York and try to get in NYU again to get my degree? 

Or should I stay here in New York and continue my career without university?!

This questions have been popping in my head for this three days. What about Sam?! Should I go after him and get closure about our friendship?

One thing I know for sure, I will be released from here. And I know it because the nurse is telling me to dress my normal clothing and go see my doctor. 

Doctor Amaranth. 

He is a terrific doctor and he always save his patients from their tricky minds. I hope that our conversation will make me able to go home. I want that more than anything. 

And I don't even know what to call home.

After my conversation with doctor Amaranth, he tells me I'm fine. He tells me I'm a survivor and a miracle. 

Because he has treated patients in the same state has me that didn't have the same fate as I did. 

He saw some people get injured like I did and didn't make it. But I did.

I like to look at this past year metaphorically. It was a phoenix event. 

I was at my best but I fell, burnt myself to death, then I went through the process of rising from the ashes. 

My awakening from the coma and here I am reborn. Ready to go back to what I knew.

The doctor shakes my hand and wishes me good luck. Smiling with such a huge grin that his cheeks lifted his glasses.

I go to the elevator and get to the main floor. Roderick is sitting in front of the receptionist waiting for me.

I look at her and wave. I don't recall much of her because I completely blacked out when I got here.

We get out of the asylum and walk to the subway.

Roderick  - Hey Jordan.

Jordan - Hi Roderick, how are you?

Roderick - I'm always good you know. How about you? How are you feeling?

Jordan - To be honest, I've never felt so free and calm in my life.

Roderick - That's good, I guess.

Jordan - It's wonderful.

Roderick - So what now?

Jordan - Well...

Roderick - Yes?!

Jordan - I've been thinking from three days nonstop about what I should do after I was released.

Roderick - And?!

Jordan - I mean...

Roderick - You haven't made up your mind yet. Right?!

Jordan - How can you force me to choose what to do if I don't know what I'll choose will bring me back here.

Roderick - Everything in life will bring us to hospitals, asylums, cemeteries.