Chapter 1

Frequent lightning. The roar of thunder. Wind whipping around like the blow dyer I used this morning.

There is another 10 minutes until they pull the tornado warning. I sit in the basement with my fiancé, candles lit as the power had gone out about 5 minutes ago.

I would usually be scared and nervous at times like this, but not anymore. Not since I started dating the man I was destined for. He always makes me feel comfortable in situations like this.

We always try to make the best out of this weather. The last time we had one of these storms, he proposed to me. The memories come back to me and I think about all the previous storms we waited out together in this exact spot.

I feel him lean forward and kiss me on the forehead, his hair lightly touching my face.

The wind sounded as if it were dying down and the rain seemed to be slowing.

He begins singing lightly and I know I'm safe. He would never let anything happen to me. The way he holds me in his arms comforts me and I close my eyes.

I start drifting off to sleep until I see that my phone has lit up and open my eyes. They had pulled the tornado warning and it was safe to go back upstairs. The storm had also died down and it was now lightly raining.

"It's about time. That one felt like forever. Lets grab the candles and go back upstairs," I said to my fiancé, getting up and grabbing the stuff we brought downstairs.

He nodded we walked upstairs. We went up to our bedroom and cuddled once again.

I was starting to get tired and decided now was the perfect opportunity to take a nap.

I thought about how different everything would have been if my best friend hadn't dragged me along to go get ice cream a few years ago. The memory soothes me and I start drifting off to sleep.

I dream about the day that my fiancé and I met -- the best day of my life. This is where the story of my life begins.