Chapter 9 - Birthday

Bri's POV

November 26. My 22nd birthday. Of course I'm excited for my birthday, it's just the age that kills me.

I hadn't really planned anything to do. I just wanted to stay home and relax. Harry had other plans though.

He wanted Ciara and I to come over for dinner. I couldn't reject, so my plans we're useless.

Ciara and I watched a movie earlier in the day and as soon as it finished, we started getting ready.

I showered and changed, letting my hair air dry as much as I could. I applied light makeup and painted my nails a light shade of blue.

My nails dried and I took out my blow drier since my hair was still a little wet. I took my time drying my hair and then straightening it.

I finished everything I needed to do and slid on the shoes that matched my outfit.

"Ciara, are you ready yet?" I yelled up the stairs.

"Yeah I just need to put on some shoes and we can leave," she replied.

A minute later she walked down the stairs and grabbed her keys from the counter. We made our way out to her car and drove away.

We pulled up to the drive way and parked the car. We got out of the car and before walking in the house, made sure we had everything.

"Before we eat, we're gonna have you open your presents from us," Ciara told me.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Uhh, because it's fun," she replied.

She knocked on the door before I could say anything else and the door opened almost instantly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRI!" Harry, Zayn, Niall, Liam, and Louis shouted.

"Thanks guys!"

We walked into the house and were led into the living room. I sat on the couch an everyone sat around me, some on the floor, some on the couch.

I was handed a bag full of presents from Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn. I opened all of the presents and was so happy with them. They got me an Alex and Ani, a gift card to Forever 21, candy, and a blanket with a picture of Harry and I on it.

Next, I was handed a bag of presents from Harry. The first one was a phone case with a picture of us on it. I was so cute and I loved the picture. The second one was a new pair of Vans.

The last present from him was my favorite. He got me a diamond necklace. I was taken aback by this. It was gorgeous and it must have been so expensive.

"Thank you so much, Harry. It's gorgeous," I said still in awe of what he got me.

He stood up and took the necklace. He the. Walked behind me and put it on me. It was basically what I had experienced in dreams but real and it felt 1000 times better than a dream.

Last, I was told to sit on the floor. Ciara went in the other room to grab my present from her. She came back with a medium sized box, bigger than a show box, and handed it to me.

"Be careful opening this one," she said.

Carefully, I opened it and inside was a kitten. It was so little and adorable.

"Oh my gosh, Ciara! It's so cute!"

"Isn't he?" She said.

He was an off-white with grey on his paws am face. He also had beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm naming him Alfie," I said.

The name fit him well. He looked like an Alfie. I was so excited to have a kitten to keep us company around our house.

"Alfie sounds like a perfect name for him," Ciara said.

Everyone nodded in agreement. We brought my presents into the spare room and kept Alfie with us.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Niall exclaimed.

We heard the door open and a bunch of people walking in. Music started playing and I looked downstairs to see that they we're throwing me a party.

It was exactly what I didn't want!, but I wasn't going to complain cause it was a nice gesture.

The party was so much fun! We had cake, pizza, and so many snacks. Ciara an I went home with our kitten, Alfie. The boys ended up sleeping over the house with us as a continuation of the party.

I have to be honest, it was the best birthday ever and I couldn't be anymore thankful for the group of friends I have.