~ Chapter 7 ~

Before I start I'm sorry for a really short chapter but next one should be longer. This chapter is basically a filler and more stuff will be happening in the next chapter. I don't have an updating schedule so please be patient if I take a while. I haven't stopped writing! If you are confused at all in the chapter, just go back to chapter 1 or 2. if you are still confused comment or inbox me! Enjoy :) x

 ***

Lying in bed, I groaned. Keith still hadn’t talked to me since the awkward incident. I wish he would understand. For the past 4 years I have closed myself up. Since I was 13 I have shied away from love and attention. All because of my best friend.

*Flashback*

“Ouch!” I screeched, hitting Jake in the arm. “Jake keeps pinching me,” I yelled to mum. “Jake,” Mum sighed. “Stop annoying Jamie. We’re nearly at the waterpark.” I leaned back in my car seat and looked out of the window. I was so excited. For my 13th birthday, Mum was taking me and Jake, my twin brother, to a waterpark. I had never been so thrilled. Sighing in happiness, I picked up my iPod touch and continued playing ‘Candy Crush.’

A second later, Jake pinched me again. Harder this time though. An ear piercing scream ran through the car, coming from my mouth. “GET OFF ME!” I yelled at him. Mum turned around in her car seat. “STOP FIGHTING THIS INSTANCE!!!” she screamed, her face the colour of a tomato. “I am TRYING to drive and I can’t concen …” Mum was cut off. We had veered into the right lane and were heading straight on towards a massive truck. This time I whimpered. Turning to face Jake, everything we had been arguing about moments before vanished and he enveloped me in his arms, protecting me from the oncoming nightmare. 

*End of flashback*

That day has never left my memory. I had woken up in hospital, Pete sitting next to me with a worried expression on his face. I had tried getting up, but was restricted by the cords running into my body. I couldn’t even speak, my throat dry and sore. One look at Pete, I knew Jake had gone. Weeping into my pillow, I had cried for days. I entered a state of depression and talked to no one for months.

He had been my best friend. My twin. The one who I had always loved and always will. Since that day, I haven’t had a boyfriend. In Middle School, I guess you could say I was ‘popular.’ With my butt length light brown hair and model body, girls envied me and boys fell head over heels. But since that day, everything changed. I didn’t care anymore. I had nothing left to care for.