~ Chapter 14 ~

I'm so sorry for the long wait but here is Chapter 14. Thanks for all sticking with me and I hope you enjoy it. ❤

***

|| Keith’s POV ||

Jamie has been in hospital for 3 weeks. I have visited her every day and I can tell she is improving. Steven left the same day he had come. No one wanted him there anyway.

Today is the day Jamie is coming out of hospital. No one’s more excited than me. School has been a drag for the last month. Jamie’s grown to be my best friend and without her I have no one. I know it sounds cheesy, but it’s true.

It feels great to walk down the hospital corridor for the last time. Turning into Jamie’s room, I stop in my tracks. Jamie is sitting on the bed, innocently watching TV. I’m guessing it’s a Disney movie or something. Jamie love’s Disney movies.

Her chestnut hair has fallen over her perfect face and her long black eyelashes flutter. Something funny happens on the TV and Jamie’s melodious laugh echoes through the peaceful hospital room. Sitting there she looks so young, yet strong.

In this moment, she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. In this moment I realise something I haven’t dared to admit until now. In this moment I know in my heart that this is real. I love Jamie.

|| Jamie’s POV ||

I’m watching “The Little Princess” but I can’t tear my thoughts away from Keith. Every time I see him butterflies erupt in my stomach and I get a weird feeling in my heart. If this is what love is, I like it.

He said he was coming to visit me soon but he’s yet to arrive. I look up at the TV screen, watching Ariel sing to the various sea creatures. Disney movies always make me feel better. It might be the fact that there’s always a happy ending or the way the princess’ stay strong throughout it all.

I hear a bump at the door and I whip my head around to see Keith standing there sheepishly. I laugh and Keith’s face turns into a smile. “How are you?” he asks, walking into my room and sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Need to get out of this bed!” I groan. He grins at me and the dimples in his cheeks are clearly visible. I find myself smiling too.

“What?” he asks, amused. “Nothing,” I reply. “Just looking at you.” “Looking at me, huh?!” Keith asks, with a twinkle in his eyes. “Yeah,” I reply casually. “Just thinking about why there’s an idiot sitting on my bed.”

“Idiot!” he exclaims, faking a gasp. “I’m not an idiot!” I roll my eyes, still grinning to myself. “If I’m an idiot, you may want me to leave,” Keith says, getting off my bed. I know he’s kidding but I can’t help it. “NO!” I whine. “Stay with me.”

“That’s what I thought,” he said, smirking and returning to his position. After silence for a few seconds Keith speaks. “So,” he says. “So,” I tease. He punches my shoulder playfully.

“I want chocolate,” I suddenly exclaim. “Do you now?!” he says, raising an eyebrow. “Yes,” I say, matter-of-factly. “At your command.” Keith removes his bag that is on his back and places it down next to me.

|| Keith’s POV ||

I stick my hand into the black hole and pull out a bar of Cadbury chocolate. “You know me too well,” Jamie says, grabbing the confectionary off me. “Hold your horses,” I say, laughing. “There’s a note inside the wrapper.”

“What, like the Golden Ticket?" I laugh again at her weird question. “Yes, like the Golden Ticket.” I see Jamie’s inquisitive expression and smile to myself. She tears the wrapper carefully and removes the blue piece of paper.

“To Jamie,” she reads out load. “Please meet me at the local café at 5pm tonight. Wear something nice, we are not eating there. Lots of love Keith.” She looks up at me expectantly, like she’s waiting for an explanation. I grin at her and put my hands in the air.

“What is this?” Jamie asks, looking confused. “Do what it says,” I say and turn towards the door. “Keith,” I hear Jamie call but I don’t hear the rest.

I have to plan the rest of my surprise.