~ Chapter 6 ~

Hey guys! Okay before you continue reading my book, go read @LiveForever13 book, "New Girl." You'll love it, I promise. But don't ditch me for her!!! xx And sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes again, im not perfect

***

Strolling into school the next day, I see Keith near the entrance to the building, facing away from me. Smiling, I walk over, only to find him talking to another girl. Looking at her, the smile slowly drops from my lips. She’s beautiful. She has dark brown hair which falls to right below her shoulders. She has dark eyes and a beautifully made-up face. Her outfit is to die for, consisting of a peach cropped top and high waisted black shorts. I don’t know why, but I suddenly feel threatened. Slowing down my pace, I smile softly at Keith.

“Hi Keith,” I said. “Oh, hey,” he said turning to me, smiling widely. “This is Katrina.” Katrina smiles at me warmly and extends her hand. Shaking it I great her with a small hi. “I’m from New York,” she says, her voice soft but sure. “I moved here a few months ago, but this is my first day at this school. Keith’s my neighbour,” she says, smiling at him. Keith smiles back and millions of questions runs through my mind. Why has Keith never told me about her? Is she his girlfriend? Why do I feel so queasy in my stomach?

Dismissing the thoughts, I nod and continue to listen to Katrina. Turns out, she is quite a talker. Tuning out after only minutes, I tune back in when Keith looks at me expectantly. “Sorry?” I say. “Katrina asked if she could come bowling with us on Saturday.” Deep down inside, I wanted to say no. Even though I knew Keith wouldn’t object to the decision I make, I couldn’t say no. “Sure Katrina can come,” I forced myself to say.

“Great!” Katrina said. “And you can call me Kat by the way,” she said with another huge smile. I started to walk off, but Keith grabbed me by the arm. “If you don’t want Kat to come, she doesn’t have to,” he said gently. I look up to him and see his is being genuine. I sighed. “No really it’s fine,” I said, lying straight to his face. Turning to walk off again, Keith grabbed me on the waist and pulled me to face him. “Don’t lie to me,” he said, looking down at his shoes. Any other boy would have just said fine, but not Keith. He’s different. He understands me like no one else does.

I smile weakly and nod my head. “Okay,” I admit. “I don’t really want Kat to come.” “Then she won’t,” Keith said bluntly. “All I want is for you to be happy.” Red crimson flushed over my face and I smiled shyly at Keith. I don’t know why I felt like this around him. I had never felt like this before around a boy.

“Jamie?” Keith started. I looked at his face, which had just recently turned a deep red colour. “Yes?” I replied, wondering about his question. “Will…you…” I waited expectantly. “Willyougooutwithme?” Keith said, all in a rush. I frowned. Seeing my facial expression, Keith’s smile dropped as well. “I’m sorry,” he stammered. “I know it’s a bit early …” he carried off.

“It’s not that,” I said, ashamed of myself. “It’s complicated. But I do really like you,” I said, trying to get him to look at me. A look of hope crossed his face and for a moment he didn’t look upset. But then it was gone, and he was shielded from me again. The one thing I didn’t want to happen.