Chapter 5: The past is difficult to forget, especially when you see death

Jess Pov:

I was walking around the forest again. I just can't forget about death. Sure people die at time, but when they die in front of you with force then it's just hard to forget. I lost Reuben because he sacrifice his life in order to defeat the Witherstorm. Jesse gave up his life to save me, from that night.

Flashback: (at last)

"Hurry up Jess" cried Jesse.

We were running away from a hoard of creepers. We were running across a large bridge until a few creepers from the other side of the decided to ruin the running away party. We were surrounded by creepers. I looked at Jesse with a frighten look. If only our wooden swords didn't break earlier. I hugged Jesse tight as he held me as the creepers got closer. Jumping of the bridge was not an option either, it wass going down forever (They lived at a huge mountain at childhood).

"Jesse! What do we do?!" I looked at him as he gave me a sad look.

"I know what to do."

"What?!"

"I have enough strength to throw you to the other side. So you should be able to survive."

"WHAT?! But Jesse, you will die if you stay here. There has to be another way."

"I'm sorry Jess. At least you'll be able to survive. Our promise will be broken after this, but I will always be with you no matter what."

I hugged him tight I don't want him to die. I then felt him scoop me up and ran closer to the creepers. Once he was close enough he threw me up to the sky to make sure the creepers don't see me. I landed with a thud.

"Ow!"

I quickly saw the horror as the creepers got closer to Jesse. I saw his face of fear. And at last the creepers exploded. 

"JESSE!!!"

"JESS!!!"

Jesse survived all the explosions, but then he met his fate when he fell in the bottomless pit. I yelled his name out that it echoed along with Jesse's screams of fear.

I quickly went down the mountain and I found a large river with the tides going at a fast speed. I yelled for Jesse, in hope's he had survive the fall by landing on the river.

"JESSE... JESSE... JE...J-jesse?" I gasped when I saw something almost buried on the dirt. I ran and picked it up. It was Jesse's blue crystal  crescent moon necklace. I burst into tears as I yelled on top of my lungs.

"JEESSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!"

End of flashback:

I began to cry when I remembered the moment he died, in front of me. I wanted to be with him, but he wouldn't want that. I don't want to waste his sacrifice. I will average him by completing my life. I became a fighter, just like we wanted to be. I came back to the temple when the sun was sitting again. I still had tears falling. I went to my room and opened the door. I went under my bed to get the box. But I gasped when I noticed that it wasn't there anymore. I began to panic. Was someone here to rob me? I began to cry harder. That box had everything that was left of Jesse. Now that it's not here, I feel like if he was taken away.

"Jesse? Are you alright?" I heard Olivia asked behind the door.

I didn't respond, I fell to my knees and cried harder. The door opened and I saw Olivia. She went inside my room and closed the door behind her. She got on her knees and hugged me and I immediately returned it. She tried to calm me down with the hug and her hands going up and down.

"It's alright Jesse. It's alright."

A/N: Sad chapter...sorry. Anyway enjoy and see what happens next.