Chapter Thirty Two - Flashbacks

Eilene's POV

Flashback

Eilene was in a clearing in the middle of the forest. She didn't know where she was. Just then, a man with a black cloak stepped out into the clearing. He looked very familiar. The man walked towards her and he gave her a smile.

"Eilene, you probably don't remember me but I am your father," the man said and that's when she remembered.

She remembered the same man's face. She was still very young before her father left. She always wondered who the man's face was.

"I'm sorry I left you," the man went on, "but I left for a reason. My job is very dangerous and I didn't want to leave knowing you would be worrying what would happen to your father. So I left and i'm sorry. Listen, I don't have much time but tomorrow I will see you. Tomorrow I will find you and I will explain everything. You don't know how important you are, Eilene."

Then she woke up.

After Eilene's Nectar Ceremony, when she and Ursa were about to follow Eric out the village, a man with a black hooded cloak walked towards her.

"Excuse me kind sir," the man spoke, "May I talk to Eilene? It's something very important."

Eilene looked at the man and her eyes widened. The memory of the dream came to her mind again.

"Eilene," Eric asked, "Do you know this man?"

Eilene looked at the man, her father. He looked back at her with pleading eyes. She nodded and Eric let her go with the man, Ursa following right behind her. When they were out of sight, the man pulled back her hood.

"Eilene, listen," the man said, "Do you remember the dream?"

Eilene nodded, unsure of what to say.

"There's something important I need to tell you but not here," he said, "Just remember me Eilene. I will send you another dream soon."

"But how? Why-" Eilene started but he cut her off.

"I promise, i'll explain everything," the man said with a smile, "You better get back to the Greencloak."

"Did you know I would summon, Ursa?" Eilene said, glancing at Ursa.

"Of course," the man said, "And you don't know how proud I am of you for summoning her. You don't know how important you and Ursa are."

"Eilene?" she heard Eric call.

"You better go," her father said and she nodded and walked to where Eric was.

Later that night, when Eric was asleep, she heard a voice go through her head.

"Eilene, meet me in the forest."

She knew that voice, her father's voice. Casting a glance at Eric, she carefully walked to the woods with Ursa following behind. She spotted her father who gave her a smile.

"Eilene, I need to tell you something," he said, "I am working for the Conquerors. The enemy of the Greencloaks."

Eilene's eyes widened but she didn't say anything, only waited for him to keep speaking.

"I've traveled all over Erdas, studying talismans and searching for the Great Beasts," he went on, "Finding out the secrets and the history of Erdas. That is when I found a very important book. Something you'll find out soon enough. I was also a wanted man but I have escaped. I...you can say was a master of disguise. Zerif then found me and told me to join him. To join him to get all the talismans so we could free Kovo and Gerathon, to rule the world."