Chapter 2: The Next Day

Alex walked into school the next day. He made his way down a long hallway. He walked until he saw a door labeled "Safety Patrol." He walked into the room where he was greeted by 2 other people. A girl and another boy.
"Well look who it is," the other boy said. "ALEX MOTHERFREAKING MCCARTNEY!"
"Hey Jackson," Alex replied as the two embraced in a hug.
"How was your summer," Alex asked.
"It was alright, and yours?"
"Pretty good, considering." Alex walked to the girl. They embraced. "Hey Jamie," Alex said.
"Hey Alex."
"How have you been," Alex asked.
"I've been good. How's your brother?"
"He's ok, still struggling but he's ok."
"And...um....."
"Um what?"
"Your mother"
"You know I don't talk about that."
"Sorry"
"Yea it's ok. So where's Rachel?"
"She hasn't arrived yet," said a forth person entering the room. Alex turned around to look. "Hey Alex," the boy said. "Well I'll be damned. Richard Filler." Alex walked towards him. "Holy crap how have you been," Alex asked. "I've been OK. Now that I am captain of the safety patrol things will only get harder for me." "Wait you're captain now," Jackson asked. "Yea, as of last week, since we are so 'short staffed' as the Board said, they need someone to take over. So they promoted me last minute." "What about Logan Hardy," Jamie asked. "He got transferred over to Easthaven," Richard said. "I gotta go set up my office." Richard left the room. "So what happens now," Jamie asked.
"We get settled. Unpack. As of right now....the school year has just begun," Alex said.