Chapter 9: Questioning Mr. Willis

Alex and Rachel were driving to the victims house, not saying a single word to each other in the process. When they arrived Alex was about to get out of the car before Rachel said "Alex, wait." Alex sat back down and looked at Rachel and said "What?." "Listen ok. There isn't any other way to say it, but I'm sorry. I guess I was so depressed and confused about what happened on that day 3 months ago. I know it's not your fault, but I just needed someone to channel my anger and rage at." "So what, I'm not my father so you use me as a surrogate?" "Alex I'm truly sorry." Alex looked away from Rachel and then looked back and said, "I get it, ok. If the situation was vice versa I'd probably would've treated you the same. Let's just not talk about it right now. We got a case to solve." Alex and Rachel got out the car and headed to the victims house.

"What exactly do you remember," Alex asked Billie. They were in the house. Billie's father was there too. "Not much," Billie said. "The doctors said that my boy suffered retrograde amnesia from the attack." "Do you remember what you were doing in the bathroom during second period," Rachel asked. "Yea. This guy owed me money, and he was a week late with his payment. So I confronted him and threatened to beat him if he didn't have the money by today. That's when.....he.....came in." "Does 'he' have a name," asked Alex. "I don't know. How did he know I'd be in there with the other guy? Was he following me or something?" "The other guy, the one you confronted, do you remember anything about him," asked Rachel. "He was a little creepy. Other than that not really." "Ok," said Alex. "We'll be in touch." Alex and Rachel left the house. "A secret meeting that our third guy found out about. This was premeditated. We're dealing with a two man team," Alex said.