Chapter 4: The Crime Scene

Alex and the rest of the Safety Patrol had just settled in. In the meantime Alex was on his phone, texting his partner, Rachel.
The text read:

"WHERE R U? CALL ME, WE NEED TO TALK!"

"Still trying to talk to her huh?" Jackson had been eavesdropping on Alex. "What," Alex asked confusingly. "You're still trying to contact Rachel," Jackson said.
"Well she's late and-"
"But that's not the reason though, is it Alex?" They both stared at each other for what must've been an eternity in Alex's mind. Jackson put his hand on Alex's shoulder.
"Don't worry buddy. She'll come through, eventually."
"It's already been 3 months."
"And you'll probably have to wait 3 more. But she'll get over it."
"Will she," Alex asked.
"Hey I don't mean to interrupt anything in here," Richard said as he walked through the door, "But I just got a call, it's a bad one." "What happened," Alex asked. "A guy got beat up real bad in the boys bathroom in Hall D. They want the top team to investigate." Richard looked around the room. "Where is Detective Leonard?" "She's on her way," Jackson said. "Well tell her to hurry up, and you two get over there right. Your presence is requested." "You got it Captain," Jackson said. Richard left the room. "Ok, I'll text Rachel, you get over to the crime scene. I'll meet you there." "Ok Jackson."

Alex arrived at the crime scene, greeted by another Safety Patroller. "You the detective," he asked. "Detective Alex McCartney, Unit 1," Alex introduced himself. "Chris Fisher, Unit 4." The two shook hands and then started walking to the bathroom. "What do we got," Alex asked. "A guy was found in pretty bad shape in this here bathroom." "How bad is pretty bad," Alex asked. "Blood all over his face....reminded me of 'Dexter.'" "Great...."
They arrived at the bathroom and there was a large crowd of people. They all looked concerned. You could here people whispering things like "Oh my god" and "I wonder what happened." "Can we clear the area please? I know y'all have classes," Alex said. The crowd dispersed as he entered the bathroom. Once he entered he was greeted by Jamie. "Hey Alex."
"Hey Jamie. So fill me in."
Jamie pointed to the ground, where there was a pool of blood. "Our guy, or guys did a number on him." "Any ID," Alex asked. "Unfortunately not, but I did find something interesting in one of the stalls." "Show me," Alex demanded. "Ok," Jamie said. They walked to the stall and Jamie opened the door. There was a message that had been spray painted on the wall. The message read:

"NO SNITCHES"

"No snitches, huh," Alex asked. "We should look over some of our old case files," Jamie said. "We can't look over any files until we find out who our mystery victim is," Alex said. "Whatever the case is, this probably saw something he wasn't supposed to see. I'm going to the hospital."
"It's Saint George," Jamie informed Alex. "Thank you."
Right before Alex left, Jackson showed up. "Sorry I'm late. What do we got?"
"A mess," Alex said. "Did Rachel text back?"
"Nope. Where are you going?"
"To talk to our victim." Alex left.
"They're still fighting," Jamie asked. "Yep," Jackson replied. "It's bad."
"God I hate drama," Jamie said.