Chapter 8: The Lead

Jackson and Jamie managed to find a witness who saw the credit card thief in action. Her name was Lisa Clearwater.
"Now what exactly did you see," asked Jackson. "I saw the guy, he had a blue hat, with a red B on it." "Like the Boston Red Sox," asked Jamie. "Yeah," Lisa replied. "He was like 5'7, 5'8 maybe." "And what makes you think that he's the credit card thief," asked Jackson. "You see that girl over there?" Lisa pointed at a short blonde girl wearing a leather jacket. "The guys walking, and walks right into her, intentionally. And then he claims that it was an accident and that he tripped. I was watching the whole thing, he ain't trip. And everything in her hands fell. She picks it up, and the guy is just standing there, looking all strange." "Ok, thank you," said Jamie. Jackson and Jamie walked over to the blonde girl. "Excuse me," said Jackson. "We need your help with something." "Of course," said the girl. "What's your name," asked Jackson. "Carley Nicholson." "Ok Carley, we just need to ask you a couple questions," said Jamie. "Earlier a guy bumped into you?" "Yea," Carley replied, "he was acting a little strange. He said he wasn't paying attention. He caused me to drop all my stuff." "And when was this," asked Jackson. "About 10 minutes ago. The jerk didn't even offer to help. He just left right afterwards." "Was he wearing a red hat with a B on it," asked Jamie. "Yea. To be honest I found that weird. Well I mean I was never a Red Sox guy, or gal but-" "We don't care," Jamie interrupted. "Carley do you have a credit card?" "Yea, I always keep it in my wallet. It's in my back pocket." "Carley reached for her wallet but wasn't touching anything. "Where is my wallet?" Carley was getting frantic. "Oh my god, that jerk stole my wallet. You guys have to find it." "Son of a bitch struck again," said Jamie. "If it was only 10 minutes ago he couldn't have gone far. I'll flag the card," said Jackson. "I'll check surveillance," said Jamie. "Don't worry, we'll find this guy."