18

Today's the day. I'm finally 18. People are usually so happy to turn 18, but to me, it's fucked up. Just because im old enough to live alone doesn't mean I want to. When I woke up, I found a house key with my name on it and $1,000,000 cash on my desk. I also found a note. It was from my parents:

"Dear our sweet little Ada,
We can't believe it's finally the day. We hope you're very excited. You've waited 18 years for this. You get to move out. I know you never wanted this, and I'm sorry it has to happen. If the government were to find out that you didn't move, you could be executed. So we've earned up enough money to buy you a house. It has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. We hope you like it. We also saved up enough in the past 15 years to give you 1 million dollars in cash. We know this will be very helpful and that you will lead a great life. You're a strong, independent young woman. That's why you've earned your necklace. It's in your bottom drawer. We love you with all our hearts, and will miss you so much. Come visit sometime.

~Mother and Father"

I folded up the letter and shoved it in my suitcase that I had packed last night instead of sleeping. How could I sleep? I was going to leave my parents forever. Unwillingly.

But I took all of my luggage and headed outside. I dropped everything to see a brand new car with a giant baby blue bow on it outside instead of my old ass car that looked like a fucking tractor. It was one of those cars where it went 3,000 miles per hour instead of 1,500. It was amazing. There was another note on the car window with a key:

"Oops! Did we forget to mention the car? Here are the keys. Go explore places."

I put all of my luggage into the sizable trunk and went to the drivers seat to sit down. The first thing I did was check out the controls. Oh. My. Goodness. MY CAR HAS A HOVERING FEATURE! Excitedly, I pressed the button to make my car hover. IT WORKED. It had to be at least 1 foot off of the ground as I drove it around the neighborhood to test it out. Everyone was staring at me and my car. Jelous bitches. I stuck my middle finger out the window and laughed.

When I pulled back up to my driveway, I turned off the hover feature and figured out how the car worked. This car had to be at least $2,000,000. After I was done falling in love with the jet black hovercar, I turned it off and went to go get the rest of my luggage.

As I put the rest of my luggage in the car, I remembered my necklace. I ran inside and tore open my bottom drawer to see a small, black box with my name written on it in golden letters. I admired the box, and shoved it in the pocket of my low crotch Adidas pants. They have been in style for 2,000 years. It's crazy.

But I wore a comfortable outfit. Adidas low crotch pants, Adidas white shoes with the three black strips, and a white, short sleeve crop-top. I wasn't sure how far I was moving. It didn't matter to me, because I didn't have anything to stay in the same spot for. Other than family of course. I didn't really make any friends in my life.

And education. I received that when I was 14. If you don't know, education is a shot that you get in your brain that gives you all the information that you need to be anything you wanna be. You just have to have what you wanna be figured out.

I want to be an artist. It's been my dream since I was 7. I just want a simple life, where I sell my art, have a small house, a husband who does what he wished, and 2 children. Is that too much to ask for?

●♡●

You guys didn't expect a different story, did you? I will post this story on Sundays. I hope it's interesting enough. If it was, why don't you hit that star? It won't hurt! A comment won't either!😉 I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!