It's love, I'm sure of it!

Lucy finally had managed to wiggle her way out of his arms after they loosened from him sleeping. She shuddered in disgust at being even touched by him. Lucy crawled and grabbed onto a rock and raised it into the air, "please break!" She begged before continuously smashing the rock onto the chains, hoping for them to break off "come on!" She knew very well that if she did not get these chains off Jackal would hear her. Lucy started to beat on the chains harder with each hit as she started to become frustrated. Before she could land another hit someone grabbed her arm and held it in place. Lucy stared at the chains, too afraid to move and look at the person who tightly held her arm. 

Jackals animal like eyes stared at Lucy, full of anger and annoyance. Lucy tried her best not to start shaking and crying, but it was pretty hard not to when the person you feared most was more than likely going to beat you senseless. "What the fuck do you think you're doing!?" He snarled, removing the rock from her hand and chucking it to the side. "I told you I didn't want to fight tonight, but you keep on testing my patience!" he growled while giving her a hard shove to the ground so she was on her back. "I-I'm sorry!" Lucy cried, covering her face, hiding her sight from him "oi! When I'm talking to ya, fuckin' look at me!" He screamed in rage and grabbing her arms, pulling them away from her face. Lucy spat at him, giving him a glare to go with it "let me go!" She ordered, struggling to remove her arms from his hands. Jackal wiped the saliva from his cheek and grimaced. "Bitch..." he whispered while calming down and sitting back. As Lucy sat up he started to laugh. Did it sound almost... genuine? 

"You're a cheeky one, aren't you? My little Lucy~" He chuckled, caressing her cheek and smirking kindly. Lucy leaned back from him, although he was acting extremely different, she was still terrified of him. Lucy awkwardly grabbed his hand and placed it on the ground away from her face. Jackal clicked his tongue and lifted his hand, caressing her cheek again. Lucy scowled at him and smacked his hand away roughly, earning a yelp from him. "Don't, touch me..." She barked viciously and crawled away from him as far as the chain would allow her too.
Jackal frowned and dragged himself towards her. Once in front of her, he towered over the Stellar mage with a creepy glare "oh? But I thought you were my property!" Lucy tried her best to fight the urge to hit him, knowing he would hurt her even worse after the attack. "I'm not your anything, you bastard!" She whispered angrily. Jackal was starting to become fed up.

A year ago when he first caught her, she wouldn't dare talk to him like this, maybe once or twice but it was getting ridiculous. "You are! Do you not remember the little mark on your hand?" Jackal grabbed her hand with his initial on it, a large grin stretched onto his face, but it disappeared as he saw nothing in her hand but the Fairy Tail guild mark. "Where is it!?" He screeched, searching both of her hands for the 'J' he had carved into her skin. His eyes rolled up to look at Lucy, his nails dug into her skin out of rage "what happened to it!?" He grunted, squeezing her hands and making her cry out in pain. "Jackal! Stop, let me go!" She yelled while trying to rip her hands from his tight grasp. "Not until you tell me what happened to the marking!" He screamed, letting one of her hands go to grab her hair. He roughly pulled her blond locks, causing her to scream in pain, "it can't just disappear, it should have left at least a scar!" Jackal growled. Lucy panicked and started to explain "my friend had a spell that clears away scars, I didn't want the letter of your name on me so I got rid of it!" she yelled at him. 

Jackal grumbled something before letting her hair along with her hands. "Annoying wench..." He muttered while slowly reaching for one of his daggers. "W-what are you doing!?" Lucy asked anxiously, seeing him grab onto the dagger and pull it from the pocket of the belt. "Well, you need my marking on you" Lucy's eyes widened in terror, Jackal smiled at her "where would you like it?" He asked softly, twirling the blade in his hand. Lucy frowned, still scared out of her mind, but she still responded. "I don't want it anywhere on me!" Jackal sighed in annoyance and forcefully grabbed her hand "No! Let me go!" she wailed, swinging a fist at Jackal, he dodged the attack just in time and retaliated by swinging at her himself with a punch. The attack connected with Lucy's face and almost knocked her out.

Lucy groaned, feeling lightheaded and dizzy. She fell onto her back and closed her eyes. All she saw was the darkness invading the light until her eyes snapped open and she jolted up in pain as the blonde felt the blade dig into the delicate skin of her hand. Lucy shrieked and tore her hand away from the Tartaros demon. She held the wounded hand to her chest as it bled. The crimson liquid dripped onto her tattered shirt, soaking into the cloth and dirtying it. Jackal snarled at her and jumped at the terrified girl, knocking her onto her back and holding her down by the shoulders. "stay down you little tramp!" He screamed at her while violently placing his knee on her right arm and grabbing onto her left. Jackal dug the sharp blade into er skin and continued the letter. Lucy was shrieking in agony until her throat had become dry and unable to choke out another scream. 

"There, all done," Jackal muttered in her ear before climbing off the blonde and chuckling at her pain. Tears streamed down her face as she clutched her sore hand. Lucy heaved before screaming a list of profanities at Jackal. The smug grin Jackal wore was gone in an instance as he watched in shock the enraged blonde swear and call him every name in the book. Lucy started panting as soon as she finished her rant. "That wasn't very nice, Lucy. I was even being kind and put the mark on the opposite hand, you know? The one without the guild mark?" Lucy screamed and lunged at Jackal. She slapped, punched and scratched, doing everything in her power to harm him.

He had already driven her to insanity a year ago. And when she had finally recovered, he appeared again and was already torturing her. It hadn't even been a day and they were already trying to kill each other. Lucy punched him over and over. Now Jackal retaliated and knocked her onto her back after giving her a hard punch to the chin. "You stupid fucking bitch! fucking wench!" He screamed at her, grabbing his dagger and slicing it across her body, tearing open skin and clothing. He raised the dagger and plunged it deep into her leg. Lucy stopped screaming, her mind going blank, that was until the horrific pain kicked in. Lucy opening her mouth and let out the most awful , blood-curdling scream she had ever done. 

Jackal had started laughing insanely at her, enjoying her blood, tears, and screams. He tore the knife out of her leg, earning another shriek from the Celestial mage. Lucy cried, cried harder than  she ever had. All she wanted was to go home, to all her friends. Jackal was about to plunge the knife back into her, but he stopped suddenly and stared at the blonde. Memories flashed in his mind. Memories of the old days, the days when they were... friends...
Lucy would beam at him with a wonderful smile as he greeted her home every day. The fun they would have being best friends... He missed it...Jackal sighed and dropped the blade, still staring at her. The one he supposedly loved.'is it love?' A voice asked in his mind, Jackal frowned at the question 'of course it is! What else would it be!?' he replied angrily, walking away from the girl and leaning against a tree 'its love...' he replied again, not too sure this time. Jackal quickly slipped off his shirt, leaving a thin black singlet underneath. 

He stared down at Lucy, noticing she had passed out from pain. Jackal rubbed his face in frustration before kneeling down and wrapping his shirt tightly around the injury. "God, I went a bit too far this time..." He muttered to himself before laying down next to Lucy and closing his eyes.

"It's love, I'm sure of it..."