Chapter 20; I Hope People Change

"Mr. Urie, would you care to describe your relationship with Officer Weekes?" Kevin Baker, Mr. Harrison's other attorney asked, as he paced back and forth in front of the witness stand.

"Your Honor, I don't understand how that relationship with Mr. Urie has anything to do with the case. And no matter what Brendon is 19 years old." Andie stood up and rebuttals the opposing attorney's question.

"I'll allow it." Judge Saporta waved his hand lazily, clearly having no interest in Dallon and Brendon's relationship.

The nineteen year old fidgeted in the cold seat, fearing to say something wrong and get Dallon in trouble. He figured as long as he made sure he didn't add anything sexual, because there was none (really, he wasn't ready for anything sexual between him and Dallon anyways), everything would be okay. The anxiety building up inside of him was too much, he just wanted to hold his boyfriend's hand so that everything would go away.

"So, as I was saying, could you describe your relationship with Officer Weekes?" Mr. Baker asked, trying to play it off as if the question was simple and innocent when in reality it was much worse.

"He cares about me, he cared enough to save me, he cares enough to show me how things really work and make sure I'm okay. And when I'm not okay he cares enough to do things that make me happy." Brendon said quietly, not daring to make eye contact with anyone in the room.

"What exactly does he do to make you happy?" The man with graying black hair asked, trying to get the younger to slip up.

"He takes me places, and shows me silly things that shouldn't make me so excited, but they do, like the ice cream place off of Gavin Street. He shows me music and pointless T.V. shows, and sometimes he just let's me cry. No one has ever made me feel like it was okay to be sad." Brendon finished, taking a deep breath and keeping his head down.

"Has Officer Weekes ever done something to you that made you uncomfortable?" Harrison's lawyer got really close to Brendon as he leaned on the wooden beam in front of the stand.

"Your Honor, this is irrelevant, really. Officer Weekes is not the one on trial here." Andie questioned the judge again, while Dallon sat next to her, trying to hide his nerves.

"Mr. Baker do you have a point to this, because this is becoming ridiculous. It is obvious that Mr. Urie is very fond of Officer Weekes, and from what I hear it is nothing but a platonic relationship." Judge Saporta sighed.

"No your honor," Mr. Baker cleared his throat, "Mr. Urie do you recall the events of September 18th, 1998? The day you were kidnapped."

"Um... yes... I was waiting in front of the church building with all the classrooms for Sunday school, waiting for m-my mom and dad. H-he came up to me and offered to take me to get ice cream i-if I went h-home with him. I t-told him n-no because I was told not to get in the car with strangers, t-then he introduced himself as Mr. Shapiro and told me that he was a Sunday school teacher an-and asked if I would come help him in his class room. H-he asked me to-to help him carry things out to his car, which I thought would be okay, then we we got out to his car and when he opened his trunk he picked me up and shoved me in. B-but before he closed it h-he said something like 'now there's one less primative person littering this world.'" By the end of the statement Brendon was almost drained of all energy. A single tear rolled down his cheek, anymore said from him and he would be in full on tears.

"What was life with Mr. Harrison like?" Mr. Baker stopped pacing and turned to face the fragile teen, who was on the edge of a break down.

"Well um, there were rules, a lot of them. I woke up without clothes most of the time and was... um... only allowed to wear underwear and a t-shirt unless I was told otherwise. Then ... um... if I hadn't finished the chores when he got home from work then ... he would ... he would um ..."