Roars and Doors

Hey people! Sorry for the long wait, but school is killing me slowly. I know these couple of chapters have been short, but it’s just the intro. Please stay with me! So the song for this chapter is The One I Love by David Gray. Please read, comment, vote, and recommend! Enjoy:)  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 3: Roars and Doors

Tuckett

There is nothing more I want to do right now than go home. The lack of sleep is starting to hit me. I have prescribed sleeping pills that I take every once in a while, but they make me tired the day after I use them. Since I’ve had to work every day this week, there was no way I could take a pill and then risk falling asleep during a work and doing a crappy job. My body feels sluggish and I feel as if I am about to collapse, but I promised Low and Seth I would come by to talk about their wedding announcements.

I pull up to Low and Seth’s new house and park my truck along the curb. A small car that I don’t recognize sits in their driveway. I feel anxiousness begin to spread through my body, but I push it to the back of my mind. I’m overreacting. I walk up the walkway to the front door and push the doorbell. My foot taps on the ground until I hear the turning of the lock. 

The door opens and my heart drops down into my stomach. I feel my jaw drop open, but force myself to immediately close it. However, I can not stop my eyes from drinking every inch of the person in front of me.

The curves of her body are more exaggerated than they were in high school, leaving my mouth watering. Her long hair flows around her face and the pink color at the tips almost gets a smile out of me. That is almost impossible now a days. The part that completely captures my attention is her face. Her skin seems almost as if it is glowing. Her deep brown eyes are wide and staring at me in disbelief. Her full lips fall open as she takes me in and beg to be kissed. 

I thought I was going to have more time before I had to face her, but that is obviously no the case. I open my mouth to say something. Maybe “hi.” Maybe “Good to see you.” Maybe “What the hell are you doing here?” I am not really sure. Before I can say anything, Vi slams the door in my face.

My eyes glance over the freshly painted white door, but don’t really see anything. My brain rewinds to the last time I saw Viola Tavern.

High school is finally over. 

Fuck yes.

I have been ready to leave this shit hole for months and now it is finally over. I make my way through the crowd to where Seth and Low are making out in the middle of all the craziness. 

I can’t help but chuckle at my best friend. He was one of those guys I was sure was never going to settle down, but Marlow Riley put him in his place. The guy is completely whipped, but I know he likes it. Even though I am so fucking happy for them, I can’t help the sharp pang of jealousy in the back of my mind. 

As soon as the two come up for air, I swoop in and hug them both. I am about to open my mouth to say congratulations when I see her. Vi comes running through the crowd like a bat out of hell and tackles her best friend with a hug. She soon does the same thing to Seth and opens her mouth to say something else when her eye catches mine. 

She freezes and I feel the blood pumping through my system at an abnormally fast rate. I breathe in and out through my nose to try and control myself. My eyes sweep over every part of her. Every hair on her head, every freckle on the bridge of her nose. I want to reach out and take her in my arms, talk to her, but before I can say a word, she is gone.