Chapter Thirteen

**Zac's POV**

This wasn't happening. My parents were not just in a car accident, and I'm not going to the hospital right now. This can't be happening. This is impossible.

This is the thing though, this is reality. My parents were actually in a car accident and I am going to the hospital. This was actually happening, and it wasn't fair at all.

The ride to the hospital was extremely silent. Neither of us had been so silent before. It was driving me insane.

At last, someone finally broke the silence.

"So..." Rose drifted off.

"So..." I said, not really knowing what to say either.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know, my parents were just in a car accident. You think I'm okay?"

"Jeez, I'm sorry I asked."

"Rose, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that."

"That's alright." She said as she held my free hand. "Just remember that I'm here for you whenever you need me. You're my best friend.....but you're way more than that now, actually....."

"Thanks, Rose." I replied, flashing a half-smile. "I love you too."

"I didn't say-"

"Yeah, but you were going to, weren't you?"

"Damn, you're good."

"I know."

We soon pulled up outside the hospital. We then made our way up to the room where they were keeping my parents.

"You don't mind staying out here while I go in, do you?" I asked Rose.

"Not at all. Take all the time you need." She replied.

"Thanks." I said as I slipped into the room.

Half an hour to an hour later.....

I emerged from the room to find Rose still sitting where she was, but there was a guy next to her trying to make a move. There was no way in hell that I was going to let that happen.

"What the hell's your problem?" I demanded as I closed the distance between us. "Get away from her." I said as I shoved him away from her.

"Jeez! Can't a guy catch a break around here?" The guy responded.

"Come on, Rose. Let's go." I told her as I grabbed her hand and walked with her down the hallway.

"Nice meeting you!" The guy called out after us.

We finally made it to the elevator. We got in, and I practically punched the ground floor button.

"Jeez, Zac. Could you hold my hand any tighter?" Rose asked me.

"Oh, sorry." I apologised. "Where did that guy come from anyway?"

"No idea. One minute, I was sitting by myself, next minute, I've got some guy sitting next to me."

"If a guy gets that close to you again, I'll punch his face in."

"Zac, it's fine. I can handle things by myself."

"So how come you didn't do anything when that guy was trying to make a move on you, huh? Did you handle it?" I questioned her.

"He was very persistent." She told me. "And why are you getting mad at me for anyway?"

"Oh, right. Sorry about that."

"It's okay. Just try not to get mad at me again. Otherwise the outcome will be way worse."

"Is that a threat I hear?"

"Maybe, maybe not. It's your appearance at stake."

"Now, now. Violence is never the answer. Especially when it comes to this handsome face." I joked, gesturing at myself.

"Oh, please!" She scoffed.

"What? You don't think I'm good looking?"

"You're really asking me this?"

"You tell me. Do you think I'm attractive enough for you?"

"Does this answer your question?"

And with that, she wrapped her arms around my neck and brought her lips up to meet mine.

"I love you, Rose." I told her as we pulled away slowly.

"As I love you." She replied, flashing me another one of her gorgeous smiles.

**Rosalie's POV**

Back at the apartment.....

I texted Jess saying that something had come up and that she could come over some other time. She said she was fine with it, and that she'd probably come over later in the week.

"So what did the doctor say?" I asked Zac as we sat on my bed.

"There wasn't a doctor in there. Just my aunt and uncle." He told me.

"Well what did they say then?"

"My mum's fine, she wasn't that hurt. My dad was, though."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"I don't know, Rose. They say he might never walk again."

"I'm so sorry, Zac." I apologised.

"No need to say sorry. Everything's gonna be fine. I just know it." He assured me.

"If you say so."

"That's coz I know so."

~~ I know, I know. I haven't mentioned Ben in ages, but he will make an appearance in the next chapter where something will go down. Possibly, I don't know.

Stay tuned!!! Next chapter will be out within the next couple days. I don't have exact date set for the release. ~~