Lunchroom Fouls

I closed my eyes as I made my way into the lunchroom. I slowly proceeded towards a table, the only available table left. Unlike most highschoolers at Rivertons, I was a so called 'Loner'. I was bullied by her majesty Carmen Taylors since last year. She used to be my bestfriend.

You may be wondering how a fat chick like myself was bestfriends with someone as pretty as Carmen. Lets just say I wasn't always this fat and friendless. I used to be head of the grade 9 cheer squad. That was until I lost it. I walked in the change room after practice one day, the boyfriend I had since grade 7 was making out with none other than Carmen Taylors. But that's not what triggered me to lose it. It was the constant name calling. Fatzilla, big belly, fatass, loser, loner, emo, cutter... the list goes on, for miles. I ended up quitting the cheer squad after they were complaining that I was to heavy for the top of the pyramid. That's when I tried to lose weight. No diets worked. I ended up getting fatter, fatter, fatter, and oh yeah fatter. In the middle of grade nine I started to eat less and less. I never had a weight problem when I was little so I ate alot usually. I never gained a thing, I even ate a whole cake once! I was so scared of food after being called fat. I never had much self-confidence. Carmen always tried to help me when I would complain about how ugly I was. You see? Now that Carmen was calling me fat, the only person I ever trusted and listen too was now gone and I had nothing to believe but what everyone was calling me. I gained weight in record speed. That of course did a grave impact on my confidence.

Okay, back to the present. I was under teacher supervision most of the time at lunch because my parents wanted me to eat. So they always had a lunch at the office for me. I stopped by the office on my way here. I was still walking to my table behind the dreaded stage. Today the teachers had a meeting so no teachers were in helping distance. I should have saw the next thing coming.

When I stopped to grab a seat something came flying my way. My eyes widened and I quickly regretted coming back here to this horrible lunchroom. The projectile spaghetti hit my new white shirt.

Again.

De ja vu.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Carmen explained with a smirk.

"Save it, Taylors." I said with a tear in my eye. I'm really sensitive if you can't already tell.

"Oh is the baby cow going to cry? EVERYBODY LOOK OUT!" Carmen said and covered her face.

"Carmen stop!" I said but it was no use, tears formed in straight lines and trembled down my face.

"Who says?" Carmen growled.

I already heard all the laughter that the lunchroom had erupted in as soon as Carmen's spaghetti connected with my white shirt. I just chose to ignore it.

"Carmen please? What did I ever do to you?" I whispered. I didn't think she heard it until I heard her reply.

"Everything." She scuffled and flipped her hair around. She walked away with grace. Some stared others glared.

The lunchroom was filled with laughter and people whispering. I was always the person that the most nasty gossip was spread about.

I had enough.

I bolted.

I didn't care if everyone was making stomping noises as I left. I didn't care if my new shirt was ruined or if my feet felt like I would collapse. I didn't care if my fat jiggled as I ran. I only cared to get out.

I threw my lunch out in the garbage where it always goes and I ran to the closest washroom.

I can't believe my bestfriend would ever turn into such a monster.

*The picture on the side is Carmen.*