2:

"Dan, sweetie is that you?" My mother called from the kitchen.

"Yeah."

"I put a plate of your food in the microwave, just heat it up." She replied.

"Okay." I nodded even though I knew she couldn't see me. I wasn't in the mood to eat.

I dragged myself up to my room and closed the door behind me. I walked over to my Bluetooth speaker and turned it on, I connected my phone and started playing Muse.

Everything was changing. First I'm about to go to collage, second my father was diagnosed with cancer, and third Astrid broke up with me. Nothing is going my way I guess.

After a few hours of staring at my ceiling I soon started to fall asleep.

×

"Dan we won't be home until probably late tonight, there is money on the counter so you can order yourself something." My mom yelled up the stairs. "I love you and don't burn my house down."

"Love you too." I yelled back and dropped back onto my bed.

Now what am I going to do with my day. I pulled myself up and grabbed my phone off my night stand before leaving my room and walking to the kitchen to find something to eat.

I decided on just a thing of tea and a donut. It was six in the afternoon and I had nothing else better to do with my time but to just sit around and watch a movie.

About half way through the movie I chose there was a knock at my door. Who could that be? I opened the door

"Astrid?"

"Dan." She burst into tears and fell to her knees.

"Ash, what's wrong?" I knelt down next to her and pulled her into my chest.

"M-my mom.. Sh-she was in a crash." She chocked on her tears. "She didn't make it."

"Oh my god." I squeezed her and rested my head on hers. "Come on, let's go inside and get you something warm."

She nodded and stood up. She was completely soaked from the pouring rain she just ran through. "I'm sorry I'm here. I just didn't have anyone else."

"Astrid I'm you're friend. I'll always be there for you." I kept my hand on the small of her back in case she fell.

She sat on my chair as I went to my closet. I grabbed a muse shirt and the smallest pair of sweatpants I owned. I kneed down in front of her and set my hands on her knees so I could keep myself steady.

"Do you want to stay here tonight?" I looked up at her. She hummed and nodded in response. "Okay, here, go take a warm shower. When you're done I'll be in the living room." I kissed her forehead and set the clothes on her lap softly.

"Dan?" I stopped and turned back to her.

"Yes, Ash?"

"Thank you, thank you for being there." A tear ran down her flushed cheeks.

"Always. Now go shower." I said and left the room.

×

"Dan." I heard a soft voice behind me. "Can I uh... Get a bottle of water please?"

"Yeah, there's cold ones in the fridge." I nodded. I felt so bad for her. Her dad was murdered 4 years ago and now her mom was gone. She's a orphan.

"Thanks." She sank next to me on the couch.

"Where are you gonna stay now?" I asked before I grabbed the Xbox control. (Did xboxs exist in 2009? Idk)

"I was already planning on staying at my aunts in America so I guess I'll be fine. Besides I'm already eighteen, I'm an adult." She played with her thumbs.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked.

"Uh sure." She nodded.

"What movie?"

"Twilight?" She answered uncertainly. I wasn't really fond of the movie but it's what she wanted so I played it anyways.

×

Half way through the movie she was asleep, her head in my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair one last time before I shimmied out from under her. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my room, setting her on my bed gently and pulling the covers over her.

"Goodnight Ash." I kissed her forehead before I grabbed a pillow for myself and left the room so I could sleep in the living room.

I don't know. I really like Astrid for some reason... I like don't want her to go to America skdkdjdnnfjd. Do any of you like her???? Idk