Seventeen.

Dear No One,

I got on a plane today. It was taking me away from my problems, and it was giving me and opportunity to escape my troubles. I know it's pathetic, but I was hoping you'd stop me from getting on the plane to tell me you loved me, and that you didn't want me to leave. I was hoping you'd say that you never want to see me with someone else and that you want to be with me. Because I wanted you to say that I'm yours. It was stupid to hope for that, I know. It's a bit cliche, isn't it? Well, the entire plane ride made me think about how I've dealt with things that have to do with us. And, being honest, all I've done is run away. I've been running away from all the problems we've had because I'm afraid. Not like that matters anymore since you no longer care but I still think about the mistakes I've made and the regrets that will stick with me for the rest of my life. Sure you make mistakes. They're natural. But if you have a regret, that practically stabs you every three seconds. It's like the guilt is reminding you you're a failure. The regret creeps under your skin and bothers you forever, because it can't be undone. A regret remains a regret. Because you have already made the decision. And I have my biggest regret from my dumbest decision: letting you go.

- Wanderer ❖