Twenty-Seven.

Dear Someone,
Today, you broke my heart.

When I thought you were the one, I was wrong. So very wrong.

You broke my heart without any signs of remorse. It was like a stab to the heart, so sudden, so painful, and you can simply just stand there and bleed out.

Do you remember the bracelet you got me for my birthday, the one that said I love you? I had to box that away today, because it no longer speaks the truth. I had to say goodbye to that bracelet, and I'm sure you put yours away without this painful feeling of reminiscence. It hurts to think about you now. I miss your tight hugs and your warm smile. I miss your goofy laugh when you see something funny. I miss holding your hand and kissing you whenever I had the chance. I miss everything between us.

But sadly, you don't miss me.

You've found someone else. And she's got whatever I didn't have, something that was more. I can see the way you look at her and smile at her, because it's the same way you used to smile at me. It makes me want to run away and cry whenever I see you two. Because, all I see in myself when I see the two of you together is that I wasn't enough to make you stay, and I wasn't worth your time or effort.

It's a natural instinct now to cry whenever I see a photo or video of you or even just something that reminds me of you. All those memories, those adventures, they have to be filed away, never to be opened again, all because they only bring hurt. It's the good memories that hurt the most.

I feel stupid for thinking that you were different, that you were going to be the one who stayed.

But I forgot that everyone leaves.

Why am I always the one who gets left behind? Why do I always get the short end?

I'm sorry that I wasn't enough. And, at this point in time, I regret many things, and you are one of them. Simply because you stole my heart and never gave it back. You broke me. All starting with that smile at her. You broke me.

So, my dear Someone,

you have become a No One,

the no one who broke my heart and smiled anyways.

Dear No One,

I feel that this is my goodbye.

From yours truly,
Wanderer ✇